Vote Match 2010

Chie

Saw this useful website being promoted quite a lot in the news yesterday and thought I'd give it a go, with interesting results. I don't mind sharing them, but I haven't included the BNP or the Green Party, as I consider both to be extreme parties at either end of the spectrum and would never consider voting for them.

Vote Match 2010

My results:

Liberal Democrats: 51%
UK Independence Party: 49%
Labour Party: 41%
Conservative Party: 36%
Gavin Scott
Admin

Then what are you voting tory for?
Sput

After a few "open mindeds" I got...

Labour Party: 60%
Conservative Party: 59%
Liberal Democrats: 51%
Green Party: 44%

Running through why I got those results it looks like the tick/cross/question mark things do indeed line up fairly well with the top two parties, but I can't shake the feeling that I arrived at the answers I did because of different reasoning. For example: I said I disagreed with the "publish mean pay for men and women" but only because I thought that information would be hijacked and distorted by politicians and the media. Somehow I doubt that's the reason the Conservatives (who also disagree) feel that way.
Knight knight
Critique

Conservatives: 38%
Green: 36%
Labour: 33%

I'm surprised how close they all rank actually, but do agree that the Conservatives would be best for my vote. I'm surprised about Labour matching me quite well, as I hate their new policies and their Budget.
barcode

Labour Party: 45%
Scottish National Party: 42%
UK Independence Party: 31%
Conservative Party: 25%

kinda Crap because there no issues about health or transport or even education
Beep

GMTV2009 wrote:Conservatives: 38%
Green: 36%
Labour: 33%

I'm surprised how close they all rank actually, but do agree that the Conservatives would be best for my vote. I'm surprised about Labour matching me quite well, as I hate their new policies and their Budget.
and I hate the conservative's policies and their general attitude.

Mine are:
Labour - 62%
Lib Dem - 61%
Green - 59%
Conservative - 43%
tvmercia

Sput wrote:For example: I said I disagreed with the "publish mean pay for men and women" but only because I thought that information would be hijacked and distorted by politicians and the media. Somehow I doubt that's the reason the Conservatives (who also disagree) feel that way.
i did my vote match quickly last night and the results were completely skewed. in the same was as you describe above, it [obviously] doesn't take into account the reasoning behind why you say yes or no. perhaps i will have to re-do with some 'open minded' and 'skip' on some questions.
Pete

It suggested UKIP for me, I prob shouldn't have selected them as an option to be fair but still. It's granular things that it has trouble with. I feel particularly strongly about getting shot of trident, (UKIP think we should keep it) but I wasn't otherwise interested in defence stuff, so even though they want to keep it it clearly decided that I didn't care that much.

How exactly though, can I tick "environment is important to me" and then be aligned with a party that things MMGW is a myth? That's just stupidity.

Hymarating of site = poor
"He has to be larger than bacon"
scottishtv

barcode wrote:kinda Crap because there no issues about health or transport or even education
If you select Scotland at the start you are not given questions on these policy areas as they are devolved.
barcode

scottishtv wrote:
barcode wrote:kinda Crap because there no issues about health or transport or even education
If you select Scotland at the start you are not given questions on these policy areas as they are devolved.
thanks for the heads up!
Jenny

My highest score is 49%. So that means that every single party on the list, I disagree with more than I agree with. Great.