Vote Match 2010

iSon

I got 49% for UKIP which is interesting. Such a shame we don't have a UKIP candidate standing here this time. Oh well it'll have to be the English Democrats instead.
Good Lord!
tvmercia

just done it again and got 49% labour, with the others not far behind.

i am not a committed labour supporter, but i will be voting for them this time. i am still frustrated that the results didn't reflect my current antipathy towards the other two parties more vividly. i'm sure i'm not the only one who bases my decision on more than policy pledges - i'm not talking personality politics, but the background, ideology and perceived competence of the party members does play a part for me - unfortunately this app doesn't seem to reflect that at all.

i wonder - is this site a bit dangerous? a useful barometer for the likes of us, but to the less worldly-wise it boils politics down to a set of black and white tick-box issues. on my first attempt it returned the bnp as a pretty high option - a recommendation that may have been followed by those unfamiliar with their less palatable views and background.
SN2005

Liberal Democrats: 75%
Green Party: 60%
Labour Party: 46%
Conservative Party: 25%

Can't say I'm shocked.
WillPS

I'm a little troubled by this votematch thing; the fact it pushes BNP based on the results of 20 questions without warning of their more extreme policies seems a little irresponsible.
bilky asko

British National Party: 66%
UK Independence Party: 62%
Liberal Democrats: 43%
Green Party: 37%
Labour Party:35%
Conservative Party: 34%

Therefore, the closest party I could vote for would be the Lib Dems, in my constituency.
martindtanderson

I found this site to be much better, as it shows fuller policies, and not random snippits of individual ideas...
http://voteforpolicies.org.uk/
Dr Lobster*

i got :

UK Independence Party: 49%
Labour Party: 42%
Conservative Party: 39%
Liberal Democrats: 24%

quite surprising really - i don't agree with all that many conservative policies, perhaps labour were not as "tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime" than they said they'd be.

incarcerating those who commit horrendous violent or sexual crimes for longer is probably about the only "conservative" leaning i have.
m-in-m

Mine came out as:
Lib Dem - 55%
Greens - 52%
Labour - 51%
Cons - 40%

Slightly surprised for Labour to be third - but then looking at the questions then again I'm not. Makes little difference though I live in such a safe Conservative seat so although I will be voting it will make no difference.
Pete

martindtanderson wrote:I found this site to be much better, as it shows fuller policies, and not random snippits of individual ideas...
Yes that one is better isn't it. Although at the same time it's more of a game of spot the UKIP policy (that always starts with WE MUST LEAVE THE EU).

Apparently I am

* Green Party 50.00%
* Lib Dems 25.00%
* Conservatives 12.50%
* UKIP 12.50%

But then I strongly suspect if I'd clicked the other button on constitutional reform I'd have got 37.5 Green and 37.5 Lib Dem. I was rather torn between the two of them.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Chie

martindtanderson wrote:I found this site to be much better, as it shows fuller policies, and not random snippits of individual ideas...
* UKIP 55.56%
* Conservatives 22.22%
* Lib Dems 11.11%
* BNP 11.11%

Should add that I only voted for the BNP's environment policy because they recognise overpopulation and want to remove electricity pylons, ban battery farming and stop building on green-belt land (a lot of the MoD land that's been sold off has/is being built on because it's stupidly classed as brownfield even though it's never actually been built on before).
Pete

if i'm not mistaken, they recognise overpopulation as an excuse to say "so lets get rid of those dirty foreigners"
"He has to be larger than bacon"