Mac
44%
PC
53%
They all look the same to me
3%

Total votes: 34
Felek

The thing is, even though people say that you get more spec for your money with a PC on paper, in practice with a lower spec mac, you still get a higher performance.

I originally started on a mac as that's what I was trained to edit on... now I use it for personal & professional life. Every time I use a PC (similarly when I pick up a sony erricsson after having an iPhone for 2 years), it feels like stepping back in time.

And the only time I do use windows is via the parallels application my mac, so I can simply right click and force quit when things get messy.
bilky asko

I tried a Mac for few days once. On the fourth day, it crashed.

Well, that's reliability for you.
Jovis

bilky asko wrote:I tried a Mac for few days once. On the fourth day, it crashed.

Conclusive.

What did you do after?
bilky asko

Jovis wrote:
bilky asko wrote:I tried a Mac for few days once. On the fourth day, it crashed.

Conclusive.

What did you do after?
I disagree. It isn't conclusive. It is however, one of my experiences.

However, I do have a story on Macs. The adverts in the Yellow Pages, in the main, were made by a company called Pindar Set, now part of Yell as Yell Adworks. All the designs were done on Macs - other stuff was done on PCs. They, however, were going to change to Windows (I have no idea if they did) - the reason was simply for one reason. Lack of compatibility. Customers were sending in CDs, USB Flash Drives, and files, that were simply not working on the Macs. Also, less training is required on PCs.

Basically, PCs have an advantage of being widespread - along with others.

And PCs will always have an advantage, as long as Microsoft Office is prevalent, Microsoft Developer Tools are prevalent, and as long as Windows is so adaptable for business.