Budget Hotels

Cache

Right, I need to find a cheap hotel in Glasgow in a few weeks and I wondered if anyone can recommend any?

I'm torn between Premier Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Travelodge in the centre. Cheers for any help!
Nick Harvey
God

Why not stay in Edinburgh and travel across each day? Might work out cheaper.
rts

Or if you fancy it, youth hostel? I've stayed in some remarkably lovely ones in the past.

I know, I know... Rowan in a youth hostel?!
WillPS

Go through Hotels.co.uk - stick with a brand if you're not certain but there are some cracking bargains on there. Stayed at Blackpool's wonderful Imperial earlier in the year for £35/night including breakfast.
timgraham

rts wrote:Or if you fancy it, youth hostel? I've stayed in some remarkably lovely ones in the past.

I know, I know... Rowan in a youth hostel?!
I dunno how they are in the UK but there are some pretty good ones around here; often they're just converted hotels. I stayed in a bunch of them up and down New Zealand a few years ago..the family-run ones are often the best although they're usually in more far-flung locations.

It is good being able to cook your own food.
Sput

No no, you misunderstand. Rod is too regal for such places ;)
Knight knight
Gavin Scott
Admin

There's a youth hostel in Edinburgh on Leith Walk which is a converted (rather swanky) office block.

Individual rooms, cooking facilities, bogs.

Yep - they got everything.
rts

Sput wrote:No no, you misunderstand. Rod is too regal for such places ;)
I only reside at places personally approved by Willy Hanson.
Lorns

Gleneagles is not a hostel Row. Nor is the Marriot.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
iSon

Rather than start a new thread - I'm after some hotel advice for an overnight stay in London. It will be a treat so it's not so much about the budget but about the experience. If anyone has any personal recommendations that will make the stay particularly special then I would appreciate it.
Good Lord!
Gavin Scott
Admin

Isonstine wrote:Rather than start a new thread - I'm after some hotel advice for an overnight stay in London. It will be a treat so it's not so much about the budget but about the experience. If anyone has any personal recommendations that will make the stay particularly special then I would appreciate it.
Apex, city of London.

Nice.