End-of-year Chat

Maggie Mash

Good afternoon everybody. I'm here to announce that MetroChat/Maggie Mash's WORDS-o-PLENTY is now open until the 2nd January, should anyone wish to chat.

It's available here
cdd

Well I think you're on twice the power trip Metrotwitter was, replacing all instances of Christmas with Maggiemas!
Jovis

Took me a couple of readings to work out that it'd been changed.

Anyway, that's not half as bad as Asa, who won't tolerate 'x m a s', and changes it to 'c h r i s t m a s'!
Philip

Jovis wrote:Took me a couple of readings to work out that it'd been changed.

Anyway, that's not half as bad as Asa, who won't tolerate 'x m a s', and changes it to 'c h r i s t m a s'!
Honestly, is that so bad? I don't see the need to have it saying 'X m a s' instead of 'C h r i s t m a s' - the word was created as a shortened version and is seen as txt talk so Asa is trying to be helpful by changing it automatically.
Sput

It's not ruddy text speak. That'd be xms
Knight knight
Jamesypoo

Whilst watching Victorian Farm Christmas the other day, I noticed a Victorian magazine was branded an "X-mas Edition" so not an entirely new thing.
Jovis

Philip wrote:

Honestly, is that so bad? I don't see the need to have it saying 'X m a s' instead of 'C h r i s t m a s' - the word was created as a shortened version and is seen as txt talk so Asa is trying to be helpful by changing it automatically.
Yep, just to re-iterate, I WAS being ENTIRELY serious.
Philip

Jovis wrote:
Philip wrote:

Yep, just to re-iterate, I WAS being ENTIRELY serious.
Yes, because if you weren't being serious, you would use emotions. Just to re-iterate.
Critique

I see no problem with changing X M a s to C h r i s t m a s and no problem with Christmas either.