The great beverage debate.

Nick Harvey
God

Gavin Scott wrote:but still full of air
Do I take it, from this very brief excerpt, that most of these 'modern' coffees would only, therefore, fill three-quarters of a cup if left to stand for a moderate amount of time?

If so, I think we need a campaign to have the price reduced by a similar percentage.
Pete

a cappuccino is meant to be about half foam half milk leading to a stronger coffee taste and the foam supposedly keeping the milky bit hotter for longer. A latte is mainly hot milk with just a small bit of foam on top.

From what I can tell, a flat white is supposed to have more of the "heavier" milk from the bottom of the jug but is also served in a smaller cup therefore meaning there is more coffee to milk than a latte but with absolutely no foam at all.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
DVB Cornwall

Flat white ....

Rather like a hot very thin micro foamed coffee cream dessert, no apparant liquidity at all, quite how it's supposed to refresh baffles me.
Lorns

I have stopped drinking coffee. I was drinking way too much of the stuff. I suffered terrible headaches and nausea for about a week or two going cold turkey. I love the smell of coffee though. I prefer the aroma to the flavour now.

I am now addicted to PG. White no sugar brewed for about 2 mins. Milk added after removal of pyramid bag.
I'm not into herbal teas except for green tea it's really refreshing with a twist of fresh lemon or lime.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Cache

So am I the only person who likes the Flat White?
I think they're very smooth and nice to drink, they're just incredibly strong. It's either that or a latte for me. I do miss the Creme Brulee latte's though.

Also, Starbucks sent me a sachet of their new VIA coffee. It's extremely fine coffee that just dissolves in hot water, but it's not freeze-dried. Tasted lovely.