What is the Co-op known as where you are?

Critique

To me, the Co-op seems to have different brands for different parts of the country. Where I am, it's known as the 'East of England Co-op' which was formerly the 'Ipswich & Norwich Co-op.' However, all items in store are 'Co-operative' yadda, and the adverts are for 'The Co-operative.' So, what is the Co-op known as where you are?

Also, my town has a 'Co-op Pharmacy,' 'Co-op Optician' and a 'Co-operative Bank.' The brand is even inconsistent in my town!
SiGa

Here it is known as The Channel Islands Co-Operative Society. Costs £1 to be a member (which goes into your dividend account) to entitle you receive dividend. You get 4p dividend for every £1 you spend. Tuesday & Wednesday is Double Dividend meaning you a get 4p stamp for every £1 as well your regular dividend. Their forecourt shops just give the stamps out for every pound spent on fuel and shop goods

http://www.ci-cooperative.com/

We also have the Co-Op bank to.
Sput

"Shit"
Knight knight
barcode

"co-operative" in Scotland now, there was 3 former brands which has now come together,

it used to be CO - OP
Gavin Scott
Admin

barcode wrote:"co-operative" in Scotland now, there was 3 former brands which has now come together,

it used to be CO - OP
Erm - its Scotmid.
Beep

Critique

barcode

Gavin Scott wrote:
barcode wrote:"co-operative" in Scotland now, there was 3 former brands which has now come together,

it used to be CO - OP
Erm - its Scotmid.

I did say there was 3 former bands. ;)

so we have Scotmid, Co -op, what is the last one?

All stores in Scotland should become like this
Alexia

Haven't we had this discussion before? Like, recently?
steddenm

Coventry & East Mercia Co-Op which became the Heart of England Co-Op, and is now Co-Operative in the village I was bought up in...

But then again the village also had a Co-Op Homecare, Co-Op Pharmacy and Co-Op Department Store - all now rebranded as Co-Operative Home, Co-Operative Pharmacy and Co-Operative respectively.

I remember in Plymouth they used to have Plymco but think that's just Co-Operative Plymouth now.
nwtv2003

We originally the Co-Op then they had a period during the 1990's when all the shops were rebranded Late Shop or Co-Op Late Shop. We used to have a big Co-Op in Warrington town centre, that became a Co-Op Gate House that became TJ Hughes. All the food stores have been rebranded into The Co-Operative Food up here, including a Somerfield one.
steve