iPhone Apps

Chie

Gavin Scott wrote:You could always start with a smile, Chie.
But what if they're not in the mood?? What if they're just minding their own business doing the weekly shop in Sainsbury's, and you go up to them in the soup aisle and say, "Excuse me, hi - I was just walking down the highstreet and my iPhone told me that several other gays were in the vicinity - one of them being you - and well, as I think you're well fit, I wondered if you'd like to go for a coffee, maybe?"

I really can't believe people actually do this, you know. :?
Sput

Surely if you weren't in the mood you wouldn't have the app turned on at the time. Lord, bring back the old Gay Card system.
Knight knight
Gavin Scott
Admin

Chie wrote:
Gavin Scott wrote:You could always start with a smile, Chie.
But what if they're not in the mood?? What if they're just minding their own business doing the weekly shop in Sainsbury's, and you go up to them in the soup aisle and say, "Excuse me, hi - I was just walking down the highstreet and my iPhone told me that several other gays were in the vicinity - one of them being you - and well, as I think you're well fit, I wondered if you'd like to go for a coffee, maybe?"

I have never in my life said, "I think you are well fit". To anyone.

I have however said "hello" and smiled, and subsequently met the same person in a gay bar.

And there you have it - bish bash bosh.

There used to be a pocket device (called "gaydar" in fact) that beeped to indicate another such device in your proximity, so you'd know if you passed someone in the street.

But the name says it all - "gaydar" is the innate sense that many gay man have (or say they have) which allows them to find like minded people in a crowd. It could be down to style or affection or eye contact - but that's been going on for centuries without the need for WiFi and 3G devices.

Nothing new or startling about it. You just have to be subtle, like.
Spencer For Hire

Chie wrote:But what if they're not in the mood?? What if they're just minding their own business doing the weekly shop in Sainsbury's, and you go up to them in the soup aisle and say, "Excuse me, hi - I was just walking down the highstreet and my iPhone told me that several other gays were in the vicinity - one of them being you - and well, as I think you're well fit, I wondered if you'd like to go for a coffee, maybe?"

I'd have thought it was fairly obvious that you'd message someone before approaching them in person.
nidave

Gavin Scott wrote: I have never in my life said, "I think you are well fit". To anyone.
Someone did that to me once on the Tube - didn't know where to look, and he was ugly :)
Gavin Scott
Admin

nidave wrote:
Gavin Scott wrote: I have never in my life said, "I think you are well fit". To anyone.
Someone did that to me once on the Tube - didn't know where to look, and he was ugly :)
To be fair you are well fit, innit.
Sput

nidave wrote:
And to be fair, not knowing where to look is pretty common on the tube
Knight knight
nidave

Gavin Scott wrote:
nidave wrote:
To be fair you are well fit, innit.
I didnt know you felt that way :)
Sput

The first time I met Gav he was trying to rut a bus shelter, so I don't know how much stock to put in it dave ;)
Knight knight
Gavin Scott
Admin

Sput wrote:The first time I met Gav he was trying to rut a bus shelter, so I don't know how much stock to put in it dave ;)
Urgh.

We call them "interchanges" here, you philistine. I simply misread it.
Pete

Chie wrote:I've dated people I've initially met on... Digital Spy
and suddenly it all becomes clear...
"He has to be larger than bacon"