iPhone Apps

Alexia

There's a bookazine (urgh) on sale in Smith's called "The iPhone App Directory" - saw it and thought of you all.
Aidy

I tend to just order my Apps by how frequently I use them, here's the ones I use most:

Tweetie 2
Put Things Off
My O2
Facebook
Torch
Remote
Grindr
iMapMyRun
TUAW
IM+
Photobucket
Bejeweled 2
TapTap Dance
Shazam
Last.fm
Blowfish
Monopoly
PayPal
Movies
FML
I Am T-Pain
eBay
nidave wrote: Does anyone else orgaise the pages into groups or is just my OCD when it comes to that sort of thing.
Nope, but I do have a thing about Apps with icons that have black backgrounds or don't have borders, they look wrong and have to hide at the end, I've highlighted them in bold.
davidmcg

Aidy wrote:Grindr
Really?
-The Guy Formerly known as djmgpsp
-Follow me... http://www.twitter.com/david_galway

-Catch it, Bin it, Kill it, Bop it!... New to BBC3
rts

Grindr is good in a sense that registration is easy, no email etc, but I downloaded the premium app and had to recreate a profile from scratch. A shame I couldn't use the old one.

The RBS app is quite good. Hoping Nationwide make one soon.

eBay and PayPal are also handy, as bidding time on items I sell often runs out when I'm away from a computer.

I downloaded Occassions which was a mistake, as I may as well saved a couple of quid and just used Facebook.
Aidy

davidmcg wrote:
Aidy wrote:Grindr
Really?
Yup :D
Chie

Grindr seems like a really great way to turn yourself into a target for professional gay bashers.
nidave

Chie wrote:Grindr seems like a really great way to turn yourself into a target for professional gay bashers.
Same can be said for any online dating service or social networking site. most gay people have been using Gaydar for years ( thats how I met my other half).
Chie

nidave wrote:Same can be said for any online dating service or social networking site. most gay people have been using Gaydar for years ( thats how I met my other half).
I guess so. I've dated people I've initially met on Myspace and Digital Spy, but personally I just wouldn't feel comfortable at all walking around in public with it more or less tatooed on my forehead to anyone who also has an iPhone with the Grindr app. :?

Do people with Grindr actually use it to look for other guys and really sleep with them, or is it simply like a 'gay spotting' game where you sort of look at them from afar? I just can't imagine walking round town holding an iPhone out in front of me like some kind of glorified compass and using it to track down another gay. I mean I'm adventurous, but the whole idea of this is *so* weird. What on earth do you say to the other person once you've finally managed to locate them??
Sput

Chie wrote:
nidave wrote:Same can be said for any online dating service or social networking site. most gay people have been using Gaydar for years ( thats how I met my other half).
I guess so. I've dated people I've initially met on Myspace and Digital Spy, but personally I just wouldn't feel comfortable at all walking around in public with it more or less tatooed on my forehead to anyone who also has an iPhone with the Grindr app. :?

Do people with Grindr actually use it to look for other guys and really sleep with them, or is it simply like a 'gay spotting' game where you sort of look at them from afar? I just can't imagine walking round town holding an iPhone out in front of me like some kind of glorified compass and using it to track down another gay. I mean I'm adventurous, but the whole idea of this is *so* weird. What on earth do you say to the other person once you've finally managed to locate them??
"COOOOEEEEEE"
Knight knight
Gavin Scott
Admin

Chie wrote:

You could always start with a smile, Chie.

Were you thinking more along the lines of, "My phone says you are a gay, so gay me please. Be gentle".
Aidy

Chie wrote:Grindr seems like a really great way to turn yourself into a target for professional gay bashers.
Yep, I know plenty of young'uns, that aren't gay; who sit in their GCSE English lessons, using Grindr to chat with random gay guys only with the intention to mess them around for fun while their bored. It's cruel, I don't approve.