iPhone Apps

cdd

I've installed it and think it's excellent. I've been after something like this for quite some time as Tesco's online store finder is quite awful.

Thanks for the recommendation :)
jay

The Photoshop App (FREE) is now available from the UK App Store.
Twitter: @jasonbetts
Critique

I saw that and did think, but I've yet to press the download button.
rts

Rightmove app is handy. Locates you by GPS and shows property in the area. Or you can just whack in a postcode or town name.

I wish Autotrader had an app.
Gavin Scott
Admin

rts wrote:Rightmove app is handy. Locates you by GPS and shows property in the area. Or you can just whack in a postcode or town name.

I wish Autotrader had an app.
Really? I don't think I could be bothered with an app for a (presumably) one-off like a car purchase.

I happened to be on Right Move the other night seeking properties. I guess it would be interesting to have the facility to tell me when I'm passing a flat for sale, but when one is spending tens or even hundreds of thousands of pounds, there's something reassuring about browsing a website (or trade mags) properly, and doing the research on a screen larger than 3".

But I'm more than prepared to say that as I don't have an iPhone, I'm probably not down with with the kids do.
nidave

Gavin Scott wrote: I happened to be on Right Move the other night seeking properties. I guess it would be interesting to have the facility to tell me when I'm passing a flat for sale, but when one is spending tens or even hundreds of thousands of pounds, there's something reassuring about browsing a website (or trade mags) properly, and doing the research on a screen larger than 3".
I disagree, when we were looking for a place in Manchester we spent 2 days driving around looking at the areas at various times of day and night to see what they were like and noted down the estate agents names on any for sale signs we saw. It would have been great to use this and mark them as a favourite so we could get more information on them when we got home. Also some properties didn't have for sale signs up.
Gavin Scott
Admin

nidave wrote:
Gavin Scott wrote: I happened to be on Right Move the other night seeking properties. I guess it would be interesting to have the facility to tell me when I'm passing a flat for sale, but when one is spending tens or even hundreds of thousands of pounds, there's something reassuring about browsing a website (or trade mags) properly, and doing the research on a screen larger than 3".
I disagree, when we were looking for a place in Manchester we spent 2 days driving around looking at the areas at various times of day and night to see what they were like and noted down the estate agents names on any for sale signs we saw. It would have been great to use this and mark them as a favourite so we could get more information on them when we got home. Also some properties didn't have for sale signs up.
Fair enough. I've been compiling results from a couple of property places - but that includes PDF schedules and such.

I'd rather plan from the couch, but that's just me.
rts

A friend of a friend has just made this app. Genius idea.

http://www.ilertapp.com/

iLert, the new app that ensures you never miss your station or stop again!

If you’ve ever fallen asleep on a train or a bus, this app is a must. iLert is an easy-to-use app that uses the iPhone’s built-in GPS functionality to make sure you don’t miss your station or stop. We’ve all sat on trains and been engrossed in a great book or even just dozed off and missed our stops and inevitably had to pay for a taxi home.

iLert can also be used if you are going to an unfamiliar station as it saves you the hassle of searching for the station signs which can often be obscure or hard to see at night.

By using GPS the app will alert you approximately 8 minutes before your train arrives at your stop with a gentle vibrating iLert. If the first iLert doesn’t wake you it has two more that will sound at approximately 4 minutes and 2 minutes, this final iLert will ask your fellow passengers to wake you up for your stop.

You can even record your own sounds to be used with iLert!
Sput

Erm, does the GPS actually work inside a train?
Knight knight
Ebeneezer Scrooge

In my experience there tends to be some signal if you can get by a window.
Snarky
cdd

Sput wrote:Erm, does the GPS actually work inside a train?
Yep: It's quite hypnotic watching aerial view while zooming along the track :)