Generic vacuum cleaner recommendation

cat

What's wrong with an old brush? Or one of those floor sweepers that don't need any electricity?

I was gifted with a Bosch when I moved into posh new flat, but it was a 'bag' one. When the bag got full I went to Argos with the intention of buying a set of new bags. Couldn't work it out, however, and ended up buying a whole new machine.

I actually just bought the bagless Argos 'Value' machine, which is very cheap and actually incredibly good. Can't notice any difference between that and the £200 Bosch, which now sits sulking in a cupboard.
Netizen

I thought the Argos Value vac was good, but only the first couple of times I used it. I now hate the thing as it's cumbersome and takes several attempts to pick up stuff. When I can afford it, I'm getting a Henry again after having one in my old student house. They really can't be beat for value for money.

"Poor Henry! He was only trying to help!"
Sput

Since I don't have the room for a Henry or an upright I have given my £70 flower to...samsung
http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/product ... 42V/525897

Hopefully I will not regret it!
Knight knight
Gavin Scott
Admin

Did you enquire how much the hepa filters are, and if they stock them?

Sorry - this may have been more helpful yesterday.
Sput

Bah, I don't understand hoovers any more! Ta for the heads up anyway. Found one for £25, tskably. Still less than a dyson!
Knight knight
cdd

Alternatively, you could have opted for Metropol's very own ad-sponsored device, and earnt a pretty penny (literally though I'm afraid) for the site in the process:

A snip at only $549.95!
WillPS

My parents' Miele is pretty good.
davidmcg

The Argos Value bagless one is apparently quite good, I sell about 3/4 a day in there.
-The Guy Formerly known as djmgpsp
-Follow me... http://www.twitter.com/david_galway

-Catch it, Bin it, Kill it, Bop it!... New to BBC3
Sput

Which quarter do people leave behind?
Knight knight
Nick Harvey
God

Damn you, Mr Sput! You beat me!
Sput

Well! In a fit of common sense today I thought I'd take a peek at what might have happened to the old hoover, only to find it's just an incredibly easy-to-replace switch that had snapped and I can easily fix it for £6. Also, it has no filters. So just as soon as I get old Sammy, he's gonna go straight back!
Knight knight