How long does your phone take to boot?

Dr Lobster*

some members of this forum will remember the days when getting your computer to load your favourite game from cassette would take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes.

anyway, an errant webpage caused my phone crash today so i had to remove the battery and force a hard reboot - it took a surprisingly long time:

blackberry storm 9500 (with media card full of music): 3 minutes 11 seconds (it it's a bit slow for a couple of minutes afterwards, but usable)

so, how long does your phone take to boot up? surely i can't be the only one who thinks that 3 minutes just to get a phone in a position to make a call is a bit excessive? i mean what on earth is it doing?

i think this has to be some sort of metropol phone boot record.

my old Nokia 3210 (which i *still* have somewhere) used to take about 15 seconds as i recall. The interface was there much faster, but it took a few seconds longer to sort out your contacts and sms messages.

the person with the longest phone bootup time wins a tesco cheese slice.
Jake

How apt that this thread is here.

I bought a HTC Magic from Phones4U on the 25th of last month and today I can't get it to boot at all, it just hangs at the vodafone logo. Tried doing various recovery type things to get it going but to no avail. Gonna have to take it into town tomorrow and get it swapped.

So as you may guess, I'm rather annoyed.
Nick Harvey
God

Just rebooted my Nokia 6300 in 13 seconds, not that that's a particularly flashy model.
DVB Cornwall

A warning from personal experience .... If having difficulties with phone resets REMOVE the memory card if present. Took me ages to sort mine out early last month until I did this.
davidmcg

2 minutes on an iPhone 3gs :?
-The Guy Formerly known as djmgpsp
-Follow me... http://www.twitter.com/david_galway

-Catch it, Bin it, Kill it, Bop it!... New to BBC3
Chie

About 7 seconds between pressing 'on' and being able to make a call on my Sony Ericsson K320i.
cdd

The iPhone not only takes an age to boot, it takes an age to shut down too. And unlike any other brands of phones, you can't just pull the battery out.

Creating machines that are hard to turn off may seem like a fine idea now, but when we get an iRobot situation here we'll regret not putting that OFF Switch on the front!
rob

About 15 seconds on my Sony Ericsson K800i
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
lukey

Samsung I8910 takes 28 seconds, cold to usable.
FASCINATING.
timgraham

Nick Harvey wrote:Just rebooted my Nokia 6300 in 13 seconds, not that that's a particularly flashy model.
Really? Mine takes a small eternity, one minute and counting staring at a blankish white screen.
Sput

timgraham wrote:
Nick Harvey wrote:Just rebooted my Nokia 6300 in 13 seconds, not that that's a particularly flashy model.
Really? Mine takes a small eternity, one minute and counting staring at a blankish white screen.
Is that because all the electrons are upside-down in your hemisphere?
Knight knight