London Oxford Airport?

Alexia

Beep wrote:Funnily enough, Birmingham International is in Solihull and is closer to Solihull than Birmingham.
Fascinating. My bus stop is closer to Stow Park Circle yet it's called Brynhyfryd Road.
Sput

Alexia wrote:
Beep wrote:Funnily enough, Birmingham International is in Solihull and is closer to Solihull than Birmingham.
Fascinating. My bus stop is closer to Stow Park Circle yet it's called Brynhyfryd Road.
Is that because the signwriter suffered a Stroke while sitting at the keyboard?
Knight knight
Chris

Gavin Scott wrote:
Chris wrote:I think the only airports that really should have the "London" tacked to it are Heathrow and Gatwick, because they're roughly within the outer reaches of Greater London.
London City could be on that list.

If you can afford it.
Could be too. Oops. ;)
Ronnie Rowlands

Sput wrote:
Alexia wrote:
Is that because the signwriter suffered a Stroke while sitting at the keyboard?
Well your location looks like two randomly chosen words from an ID card or something.

So there.
Ronnie is victorious, vivacious in victory like a venomous dog. Vile Republicans cease living while the religious retort with rueful rhetoric. These rank thugs resort to violence and swear revenge.

But Ronnie can punch through steel so they lose anyway.
marksi

DAS

As Metropol's resident Southender, I agree it seems odd for there to be a London Southend Airport, especially when the place consists of nothing but some people who took a wrong turning... but I think I'm right in saying that it was actually London's third airport for some time. Luton obviously took over in time, so did pretty much everywhere, but historically it makes sense, and isn't actually that far from what you'd call London. Also, the airport isn't even in Southend so you could take that part out the name as well to be even more accurate.
Gluben

Just to be pedantic, it's Stansted, not Stanstead.
Nick Harvey
God

nodnirG kraM wrote:Lydd Airfield.
Oh goodness, memories of holidays in Greatstone-on-Sea many, many years ago and being right under the flightpath for "Lydd International Airport".

It was a bit like waiting for a bus in Wiltshire nowadays; if I remember rightly, the plane used to come in on a Tuesday afternoon and fly out again on a Thursday morning.

Has it become a but busier since?