It's All In The Name

Sput

Have you tried it? It's really not bad. The only problem I have with its approach is that when it collects data and displays it on one page you've got no indication of how reliable the information is.
Knight knight
Nini
Banned

I did try it, felt the same as you do now and feel it to be Live with extra bedazzle.
Alexia

Philip wrote:
Alexia wrote:Caramel > Cadbury Dairy Milk Caramel > Caramel
It changed back?
Imminently, apparently.
Andrew Wood

cdd wrote:British Airways tried the BA switch but mostly rolled it back on account of it being unsuccessful and Virgin Atlantic jumping on the British bandwagon.
Don't forget the period when British Airways was just 'British' :arrow: Photo
Philip

Here's another one for you:

Telewest Active Digital -> Telewest Broadband -> Telewest -> NTL Telewest -> Virgin Media
Nini
Banned

It's significantly more complex and labyrinthine if you choose to take it back to the beginnings of pay cable TV in the UK, for me that'd be 1995. So, for me we'd be looking at:

Jones Cable Network (lasted no time, gone before the roads were dug up, wish I had the half hour promo tape still) => Bell Cablemedia => Cable and Wireless => NTL (about here is where the magic ended for me) => ntl:home => ntl:Telewest => Virgin Media

Taking into account all the various local networks and how each got eaten up during the 90s through to the early 00s it's an odd chain, gets much worse if you bring local cablevision into the equation.
nwtv2003

Nynex => Cable & Wireless => NTL (Digital Plus / Home) => NTL: Telewest => Virgin Media.
steve
Beep

Birmingham Cable Communications > BCable* > Birmingham Cable Communications > Telewest Active Digital > Telewest Broadband > Telewest > NTL:Telewest >Virgin Media

*I don't think this one was successful, it only lasted 3 months.
Nick Harvey
God

Beep wrote:I don't think this one was successful, it only lasted 3 months.
Nearly as successful as changing your name to Beep!
Nini
Banned

You'd think if people were using a term derisively towards someone, they wouldn't think "ah, a cunning plan with which to slay my protestors!" and take the name for themselves, right?
Philip

nodnirG kraM wrote:What the hell sort of a name is Bing!?
Well, it's better than Kumo. Also, the logo has been stretched to infinity.

http://www.underconsideration.com/brand ... horizo.php