James Hall's Awful

Critique

IMO, dragging all of this up seems like a desperate cry for attention. Your point being that whilst you think people that own BlackBerries (myself included) are evil, and you've gone and got one, and don't really care it makes you 'evil'?
Alexia

I have a Nokia C3-00. Built in Facebook & Twitter, e-mail client, loads of free apps and games from Ovi, Google & Opera Maps, MP3 player, personal organiser, 16GB SD memory and EDGE/WIFI internet. All for £80 and a minimum £10 top up per month on PAYG.

You can keep your brandnames. Mine looks like a Blackberry and for the most part does a good impression of a Blackberry.
James H

Critique wrote:IMO, dragging all of this up seems like a desperate cry for attention.
Well that's not very nice. Honestly? I've been on various trains for 10 hours today, was bored and wanted to write something as I haven't in a while. Sorry if it upset you.

Perhaps one fewer member wouldn't do Metropol any more harm.
WillPS

Oh here we go. What is it with people on here and rage-quitting? It's such bullshit.
Sput

Is it a member less? He's not posted anything but this for a year or two! Even when he does, it's not an actual contribution to a discussion but another ramble without so much as an acknowledgement of his absence or any pretence at being interested in what others have to say. Rude.

Is he, therefore, a proper member? Yes and no. Depends how you interpret the phrase.
Knight knight
James H

Sput wrote:Is it a member less? He's not posted anything but this for a year or two! Even when he does, it's not an actual contribution to a discussion but another ramble without so much as an acknowledgement of his absence or any pretence at being interested in what others have to say. Rude.

Is he, therefore, a proper member? Yes and no. Depends how you interpret the phrase.
Again, I think you're being slightly harsh with fairly little knowledge - I've not had adequate time to involve myself in discussions on here as I've been locked in training for two years; I see I posted back in November last year but unfortunately, real life took over - and I wasn't able to give the forum much more than a fleeting glance, enjoying Dr Lobster's photography and recently the local elections thread (and unfortunately I see a few members have quit - wonder what's made them run).

So to say I show no pretence of interest is probably right, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested. And I don't excatly have to excuse my absence either - just as nobody needs to read the bollocks that I write! MP has been responsible for some brilliant and rather deep discussions in my recent past, so I'm quite hurt that me just writing the odd rambling post is quite so acrimonious. Sorry, everyone.
WillPS

Just sod off if you haven't time. No need for faux apologies; you're under no compulsion to remain nor is a prissy resignation at all necessary.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Couple of things James:

You've not been "locked in training" - you're at the GSA, not Strangeways for God's sake; which, by the way, still allows you to be fairly prolific on Facebook.

If you are busier or less inclined to post here, that's absolutely fine. Sometimes we're all busy, busy bees.

One person gave you a reply which you didn't like - not me, or Sput or Pete, but you used that as an opportunity to say "perhaps one fewer member wouldn't do Metropol any more harm" - a pretty snotty remark, loaded with double meanings.

Not classy.
James H

Actually....
Sput wrote:Shush.
That was what was more hurtful, and not "classy" either.

But hey. I'll keep my peace for a bit. Thanks, Gav.
Gavin Scott
Admin

I don't get you sometimes James.

You have a pop at the site, and then get touchy when I say I don't appreciate it.

"Victim" doesn't suit you. Its very drama queen.