How paranoid can you get?

aeonsource

And from the forum I go on, a matching emoticon!

If an admin could add that to the main selection of emotes, I would be happy.
:V
rts

aeonsource wrote:And from the forum I go on, a matching emoticon!

If an admin could add that to the main selection of emotes, I would be happy.
What the hell is that?

It looks like a Ku Klux Klan emoticon.
aeonsource

Its a tinfoil cap emote :|
rts

Lol cunning. Plenty of space for an additional emoticon lol.
Luke-H

rts wrote:I vaguely remember seeing a video of the likes of Peter Sissons, Jon Snow, coincidentally winking while saying certain words. The person who made the video was absolute convinced this was an evil conspiracy against him personally.

Anyone else remember this?
Didn't this bloke also spam thousands of newsgroups about his 'torment'? Anyone know how I find some of these postings to have a read? I need a good laugh.
Gavin Scott
Admin

I have a friend who is tormented by a similar paranoia, in which he believes lyrics of sings, statements by politicians and other global events are directed towards him.

Its very much easier to laugh it off when one doesn't know someone who is troubled in this way.
Sput

Fun, too.
Knight knight
Spencer For Hire

Gavin Scott wrote:I have a friend who is tormented by a similar paranoia, in which he believes lyrics of sings, statements by politicians and other global events are directed towards him.
We had some bother at a radio station I used to work for with a listener who constantly complained that we were playing songs written about him, and therefore weren't allowed to without his permission. He phoned many times a day and came into reception once. We even got fake solicitors' letters threatening us with legal action.

There was another occasion after playing the obligatory Radio Authority 'here's how to complain' advert, when he phoned up to complain that all our broadcasting was biased against him.

In the end we had to get the police to tell him to stop contacting us. The last we heard of him was when he was convicted for seriously assaulting someone... which was rather worrying in retrospect.
Billy

Here's the website in question, still updated to this day: http://www.five.org.uk/index.html .

The 'Evidence' page has lots of clips of people like Jon Snow and Nicholas Witchell playing evil mind games with him while presenting the news.
He isn't looking at his autocue, his mind is off what he is reading, instead he is looking at me in the little monitor where he sees me through the television.
aeonsource

Billy wrote:Here's the website in question, still updated to this day: http://www.five.org.uk/index.html .

The 'Evidence' page has lots of clips of people like Jon Snow and Nicholas Witchell playing evil mind games with him while presenting the news.
He isn't looking at his autocue, his mind is off what he is reading, instead he is looking at me in the little monitor where he sees me through the television.
Tsk, thats nice of the little tyke, camping a 'five' url hoping that people looking for Ch.Fives website will come across his.
rts

I got chatting to someone in the pub once, a friend of a friend. I was making a conversation, what do you do etc, and he became convinced that I was wearing a wire, and was reporting what he was saying to the Government.

At first I thought it was a joke but it gradually dawned on me that the chap was genuinally deluded.

Towards the end, I don't know which of us felt more uncomfortable.