Ever feel some posters on the BBC site are idiots?

What does the sticker BBC Blackops imply to you? (tick all that apply)

A geeky joke regarding dealing with behind the scenes tech stuff
46%
Example of someone having pride / enjoying their job
26%
Childish behavior that's harmless
11%
Childish behavior needing a word in the ear
4%
Contempt for licence fee payers
2%
An arrogant "we run the site how we want it run" joke/comment
6%
Something more sinister
6%

Total votes: 54
Nini
Banned

They're beginning to remind me of crack addicts, no logic is too solid for them to twist to their advantage.
Netizen

A clash of cultures eh? Which cultures would they be, stubborn nutjobbery vs people just trying to do their job?
Gavin Scott
Admin

Having never really got into the BBC message boards, its difficult to form an opinion - but on instinct I would say that forums and boards are more inclusive than blogs - which rely on staff to start (unless they're opening that facility up to members), otherwise how would one raise something for discussion?

That said, most of those on the board appear to have been touched in the head, somewhat.
Nini
Banned

Like I've said before, I've been watching these idiots from a long time back and it's like a hive mind of Luxtons, all incredibly off-point, slightly dense and always a touch indignant about something.
Mozo

Sput wrote:
Mozo wrote:Since it's obviously tongue-in-cheek enough that it's printed in GIANT LETTERS ON A PUBLIC PHOTO I'd have to say I'm perfectly comfortable with it.
How do you know its tongue in cheek? The pictures are not necessarily public, most of them are on another BBC employees Fickr site. It could equally easily be bit of nose thumbing to the general public that we don’t really know what they're up to (nod nod wink wink). An in-joke that the licence fee payer isn’t involved with (except to provide this guy with his PowerBook, and the means to hijack the BBC logo of course).

Either way, its a pretty bloody crass thing to plaster all over the place and attach to the BBC logo. It has very negative connotations and implies a lot more than you obviously think it does. We pay this guy’s wages FFS! Why should he be treating his role at the BBC as some sort of covert operation against the licence fee payer? Even in jest. Says a lot about him in my opinion.

If you're comfortable with it then fine. I'm not. I think its at best childish and not what this guy is paid for and at worse an indication of what he and his department think their real job is.

Oh hang on though, I forgot, I’m just an ‘idiot’ according to the subject of this thread. Or is that more tongue in cheek? There’s a lot of it about isn’t there?
Nini
Banned

Mozo wrote:Oh hang on though, I forgot, I’m just an ‘idiot’ according to the subject of this thread.
If the cap fits sir...
Netizen

A tinfoil cap, no less.
Nini
Banned

Indeed, your misplaced paranoia is your own Mozo.
dosxuk

I shall be printing this out and sticking it to my netbook, in the vain hope that one of the tinfoil hat brigade spot me using it, and think the conspiracy is growing.

(Click for biggy)
Sput

Mozo wrote: How do you know its tongue in cheek? The pictures are not necessarily public, most of them are on another BBC employees Fickr site.
Let me get this straight: A man sitting in public place with a very obvious sticker [that you think is part of a secret conspiracy] having his photo taken and uploaded to public website isn't necessarily a public image? I suspect the very WORST you can say about this guy is that he likes his job. I know it's not in keeping with the seething resentment thing you've got going but that's your problem.
It could equally easily be bit of nose thumbing to the general public that we don’t really know what they're up to (nod nod wink wink). An in-joke that the licence fee payer isn’t involved with (except to provide this guy with his PowerBook, and the means to hijack the BBC logo of course).
You're right. What is the future media and technology guy doing with a COMPUTER? HOW DARE HE! Have you even complained in a way that'd register? My guess: no. I bet you just sit whinging about it on internet message boards all across the internet and getting fat.
Either way, its a pretty bloody crass thing to plaster all over the place and attach to the BBC logo. It has very negative connotations and implies a lot more than you obviously think it does. We pay this guy’s wages FFS! Why should he be treating his role at the BBC as some sort of covert operation against the licence fee payer? Even in jest. Says a lot about him in my opinion.
PERHAPS it implies a lot LESS than YOU Think it does. I'd say you're just reading into it what you want to see for whatever reason.

Going from the sticker I'd say they think their job is Future media and technology, like it ALSO says on the sticker. Are you basically saying you'd like the BBC to run all their working groups' names by you first to get your Seal of Paranoid Wanker's Approval? This says a lot more about you, my friend.
Knight knight
Mozo

Sput

Sorry, my mistake.

There was I thinking you really wanted an answer to the question that is the topic of this thread. Even that maybe you might (shock horror) take someone else’s opinions into account and want a serious response. When in reality you just want to sit on that nice high horse of yours and spout inanities and insults at someone you've never met. I suppose I gave you more credit than you deserve.

Actually I have been trying to do something about the way the BBC is run but that's not really relevant here. I was just trying to give some perspective on the question that was raised from the point of view of one of the 'idiots'. Problem is that I didn't realise that I was trying to explain the point to morons. Somewhat of a hierarchy of imbecility obviously.

Never mind I suppose when you're overdosing on diet Coke and X-Box war games its easy to lose your grip. Maybe you should switch hands, I hear that makes it easier to use the mouse, but just make sure the box of tissues is on the right side of the keyboard.

Lets hope when you grow up and have to go work in the big wide world you never encounter any real examples of the kind of behaviour Mr Stone is trying to inject into the BBC. If you do I guess you'll be the first one whinging about it all over your tragic little blog spots. But here’s the joke – no one will care. Because they’ll all probably be as much of a vacuous, egocentric political lightweight as you obviously are.

Carry on pontificating though. I wouldn't want to spoil that image of the intelligent Daily Mail reader you seem to be trying to project. Just remember to breathe in between paragraphs next time.