Robert Peston is a cock... but who else?

James H

Just having watched a report of his on the One O'Clock news, the man can barely string a sentence together without umming or erring, and adding words like "crisis" and "collapsed" as though he's having an orgasm.

Why are we continually subjected to this cock?

Feel free to name any other cocks you absolutely can't stand.
DVB Cornwall

He needs to go on HIGNFY, that'd take him down a peg or two. He seems to be a 21st century Magnus Pike with his on air presence.
Gavin Scott
Admin

I've edited the thread title in favour of the less offensive, "cock" - as the big C word is frowned upon by the other side. We do enjoy a reasonably large amount of their screen real estate to promote Metropol, so it seems only fair.

I had the same issues with Peston at the tail end of last year. I believed that he was responsible for that tipping point of the economic meltdown (especially with HBOS's woes).

In retrospect, I would say that while he was doing no one any favours by whipping up panic and encouraging short-selling of the bank - he can't ultimately be held responsible for the sub-prime lending taking place in the US - and that is what ultimately caused this mess to happen.

He's certainly got bags of personality, and a wealth of contacts in the financial sector - but I think his passionate delivery is somewhat inappropriate. Notable was his, "If it gets any worse we might as well stay under the duvet".

Yes - that's helpful and enlightening.
marksi

Apparently he had a speech impediment in the past but has managed to overcome it.
rts

I quite like Peston. Thoroughly intelligent, and has certainly a unique broadcasting style!

But then again I also think Evan Davies is the bees-knees, and he too is a little peculiar.

I like a bit of flare in the news, rather than the usual monotinous artifical drivel.
marksi

I've never seen Evan in flares but I have seen him in his special going out clothes in Old Compton Street.
rts

I had you down as more of a Rupert Street guy Marksi.
Chie

I like him.
marksi

rts wrote:I had you down as more of a Rupert Street guy Marksi.
I'm full of surprises, me.
rts

I think this guy is a cock.
Gluben

John Bolton, just because of his stupidity on the US Election Night coverage. He was probably the only bit of energy on the show, but the wrong type of energy.