Lovely Lightbulbs

Pete

sainsburys had a similar £1 each or 4 for 99p offer the other day.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
marksi

There are dimmable/warm/LED variants of energy efficient bulbs coming along, and I'm guessing that there are huge stockpiles of the older, undimmable, colder bulbs which need shifting.
Sput

I am looking forward to those, as I have tricky lights in my flat that aren't well catered for (correct me if I'm wrong!): dimmable ones, 12v halogens (some of which are dimmable) and weird picture frame tubey ones for which there are energy saving versions but as they cost £7 each would be expensive to replace as I have loads.
Knight knight
marksi

Are your picture framey tubey ones fluorescent or ye olde incandescent? If you have loads of incandescent ones they'll be using quite a lot of electricity as they're usually 30w each.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Sput wrote:I am looking forward to those, as I have tricky lights in my flat that aren't well catered for (correct me if I'm wrong!): dimmable ones, 12v halogens (some of which are dimmable) and weird picture frame tubey ones for which there are energy saving versions but as they cost £7 each would be expensive to replace as I have loads.
Not sure I would bother with the low energy tube lamps. The 8" (221mm) double ended ones are available in 30w - and a fluorescent one (containing mercury) is about 7w. The energy saving is therefore much less profound in the case of those, and the tungsten filament versions are likely to be around for a good time yet (as they score "low" on the consumption scale), and are available for about a quid a shot.

You might consider an LED flexible strip which would replace under-cabinet lighting, with the benefit of being colour changing...

http://www.powellled.com/
nidave

Sput wrote:12v halogens .
I recently replaced all 12 halogen spots in my house with energy efficient ones from B&Q - Something along these lines http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/nav.j ... arch=false

They do have to warm up unfortunately but will save a fortune - 100w down to 7w... I would love to get some full spectrum ones that fit but cant find them anywhere (want energy saving ones).
Sput

I have the same incandescent tubes under the cupboards in fact. I'd like some low power replacements for my halogens though. Also, if I were Ison, I would have split this thread by now because it's REALLY gotten away from the TX Suite's domain. He's useless isn't he. Gets a job and SUDDENLY he doesn't have time to moderate metropol all day!
Knight knight
nidave

Sput wrote: Also, if I were Ison, I would have split this thread by now because it's REALLY gotten away from the TX Suite's domain. He's useless isn't he. Gets a job and SUDDENLY he doesn't have time to moderate metropol all day!
Is this not within your power?
marksi

Until now the LED GU10 replacements have been made up of multiple low power LEDs, and still haven't managed to reach the brightness of a standard 50w halogen. I've seen some new ones which are claiming a higher light output with a single (or small number) of high powered LEDs combined with reflector behind. Not heard any reports of their effectiveness yet though.
Sput

nidave wrote:
Sput wrote: Also, if I were Ison, I would have split this thread by now because it's REALLY gotten away from the TX Suite's domain. He's useless isn't he. Gets a job and SUDDENLY he doesn't have time to moderate metropol all day!
Is this not within your power?
Those were the days, lad!
Knight knight
Nini
Banned

I'm a useless good for nothing, why not let me moderate?