Natwest
11%
RBS
3%
Some other
10%

Total votes: 62
Steve in Pudsey

I'm with Intelligent Finance, which is the Halifax's online offshoot.

Mainly because when I bought my house, the mortgage advisor I used recommended IF's mortgage, and moving my current account over had significant benefits for balance sweeping and paying the thing off early.
timgraham

Egg is a wonderful name for a bank! I think I'll need to further investigate that one..

http://www.anz.com.au/
They have plenty of ATMs around this part of the world and their staff are usually quite pleasant to deal with.
Pete

Lloyds TSB as TSB came into my school when I was six and let us all set up accounts for £1. Been with them ever since, no trouble at all.

The takeover of Halifax troubles me however as they are the bank I refuse to touch with a bargepole, for reasons I won't detail in public but they wronged me badly with the worst customer service I've ever experienced, and £200 credit and a bunch of flowers the size of a car DID NOT make up for it. That is all.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Hermes

I remember an RBS cashier explaining to a close relative of mine that the reason they'd cancelled her direct debits was because they thought she was dead. The cashier thought it was quite funny, my relative less so.
tvmercia

TSB and the birmingham midshires for me.

briefly had my student account with natwest, till they accidentally charged me £200, iirc it was one of the first transactions in the account, which had an untouched overdraft. after going through the hassle of sorting that out i swiftly moved the student account to lloyds.

having said that lloyds have 'annoyed' me several times with regards to data protection resultant charges. their remedy was 'its too expensive to fix our system, we suggest you change your name by deed poll".

i have come to the conclusion that all banks are evil. a necessary evil unfortunately.
cdd

Congrats Ison on by far the most elaborate Phishing scam I have seen in years!
stu

My first and as yet only account is with Lloyds TSB. It's a question of who has the best logo.

If I had got one in the early 90's I'd have gone with NatWest due to their use of Crockett's Theme on their adverts!
nidave

I wont be long until we loose the name Abbey, they have been slowly preparing the general public for that for years...
I used to work in the Mortgage centre in Teeside when they took over Abbey... I came up with what has to my finest and probably only spontaneous line that was used throughout the building...
" Nobody expects a Spanish acquisition..."
Sput

nidave wrote: I came up with what has to my finest and probably only spontaneous line that was used throughout the building...
252552873-KaneClap.gif
Knight knight
nidave

Sput wrote:
nidave wrote: I came up with what has to my finest and probably only spontaneous line that was used throughout the building...
252552873-KaneClap.gif
Your jealousy is so transparent! :D
Nini
Banned

Everyone else was thinking it yknow, just you blurted it out and got a small ripple of laughter. The clap is apt sir, apt!