whyPhone?

Ant

I'm loving iOS 4. Especially nice that my 6 pages of apps have been reduced to just two with the folders.

iBooks are good too. Downloaded a cheeky wee thriller novel earlier. Surprised how many books are free too.
TG

I know I'm only on a lowly 3G (for now) but I am having problems getting it to even backup when I start the update process. Might just hold on til I can upgrade the phone...
Critique

Ant wrote:I'm loving iOS 4. Especially nice that my 6 pages of apps have been reduced to just two with the folders.

iBooks are good too. Downloaded a cheeky wee thriller novel earlier. Surprised how many books are free too.
All the free iBooks are from Project Gutenburg, who only upload books where the Copyright is supposedly expired as the authors are deceased. I know some people are complaining of the prices, saying for example the new Stephenie Meyer book is more expensive than in store, but I can rationalize that to the fact that all the shops are selling it for new prices as it will be a peak purchase, and also as it's brand new.
Bail

YAY

Felek

Got mine this morning after 3 hours of queuing... the free food from the O2 staff helped it to pass though!
I thought it was time to upgrade from my 2g, especially with no iOS4, it felt obsolete.
Haven't had much of a play on it yet, but the improvement in app/website performance is amazing.
Bail

You did it exactly how I did then... Bout a 3 hour wait, 2g to 4g.

Although my o2 didn't provide food :(
iSon

Well the queues at the Bullring in Birmingham were massive. I arrived at around 8.15am and joined the reservations line which just seem to go on forever. The turn up and buy queue was curtailed shortly after that with a lot of disappointed people being turned away. The many O2 stores in Birmingham also "enjoyed" long lines from an early hour - but this was always going to be much more than the 3GS and iPad.

I waited for five and a half hours to be called up by one of Steve Jobs' minions. They're all very friendly - almost worryingly so. But it didn't take long to sort out the contract upgrade - although it was amusing to see them run Internet Explorer through a Windows XP Virtual Machine on their Mac's due to the fact that the o2 system doesn't work in Safari.

I was kept entertained by the passing crowds and also supplied with plenty of water and donuts so that made me happy. Although I have a feeling I could have easily chanced it at my local o2 store and got what I wanted. But I knew demand would be high so I thought going for the reservation at Apple was the sensible option.

As for the phone itself - at the moment no idea because I'm just letting it set up.
Good Lord!
Gavin Scott
Admin

Bail

Hmm indeed, it does indeed happen on mine but i cant say 1 dropped bar is the end of the world.

Also... I had a orignal (2g) iPhone, whats the best way of getting everything that was on it (or at least the apps and contacts) onto my new one?
nwtv2003

Bail wrote:Also... I had a orignal (2g) iPhone, whats the best way of getting everything that was on it (or at least the apps and contacts) onto my new one?
Did you by any chance sync and back up everything from your old iPhone to iTunes by any chance? I would have thought that is the most likeliest way of doing things, but feel free to correct me.

I'm liking the new OS 4 software, my 3GS runs a tad faster now, but creating Folders for Apps seems to be the most useful thing for me with the update. Although I've got my 3GS until January 2012, so I can't get an iPhone 4 yet, but hopefully by 2012 they'll probably be on iPhone 42 or something daft.
steve
Jake

Seems like a pretty major design fault. Presumably would be cured with a bumper