People you've met you wish you hadn't

Gavin Scott
Admin

Bit freaked out reading news online today. Did you all see the story of the man who murdered his male lover then cooked and ate a piece of his thigh? Bleurch.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think i met him in the early 90s. The picture I saw of him brought it all flooding back. I remember meeting someone who told me he had just won "Mr Gay UK". He was in Edinburgh (for whatever reason), he was very drunk and announced he was driving somewhere.

I told him he shouldn't, and persuaded the barman to take his car keys off him. He stayed for a few hours, and we chatted. There's a little more to the story than I'm prepared to publish here - as it will likely end up in the Daily Star, and I wouldn't want that.

Suffice to say I left intact (as did he) - but how freaky is that?

Its possible I'm wrecking what was a perfectly pleasant memory of the wrong chap here - in which case I apologise for being overdramatic.

But OH MY GOD.
Sput

Sell the story! Serialise!
Knight knight
all new Phil

So he didn't devour any of your meat then?

*SOMEONE HAD TO*
Gavin Scott
Admin

Maybes aye, maybes naw.
Stuart*
Banned

Gavin Scott wrote:Bit freaked out reading news online today. Did you all see the story of the man who murdered his male lover then cooked and ate a piece of his thigh? Bleurch.
That is indeed worrying and you may, or may not, have had a lucky escape depending on whether it was the person in the paper.

As an odd coincidence, last night I was watching the programme on one of the Discovery Channels about the German guy who met and sliced off his friend's penis for them both to eat in 2001. Apparently he fried it, but he was no James Martin (the Chef) and it was too tough to eat as he'd burnt it. As his voluntary 'victim' hadn't bled to death after 3 hours in the bath he kindly finished him off with an 18" knife wound to the throat.

As for the main question, I can probably think of a couple of people I wish I hadn't met; but it would take time to compose an explanation that wasn't libelous. :?
User removed
Nini
Banned

Gavin Scott wrote:Bit freaked out reading news online today. Did you all see the story of the man who murdered his male lover then cooked and ate a piece of his thigh? Bleurch.
Wasn't this news story reported last week? Maybe even earlier but it's very old new for me now and nothing to do with me being local to the story, YEP only picked up on it late last week.

I'm sure this whole thread is very contentious and screams of libel might end up being heard. I know a lot of people I didn't want to meet, one ended up with a 500 yard restraining order.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Nini wrote:
Wasn't this news story reported last week? Maybe even earlier but it's vey old new for me now and nothing to do with me being local to the story, YEP only picked up on it late last week.
Yes I think thats true but he was sentenced today.

30 years. Hell mend him.
Nini
Banned

Still think this is an odd way to start a thread where the story is much more interesting that the actual purpose.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Nini wrote:Still think this is an odd way to start a thread where the story is much more interesting that the actual purpose.
I'm not sure I follow.
Chie

StuartPlymouth wrote:That is indeed worrying and you may, or may not, have had a lucky escape depending on whether it was the person in the paper.
Talk about stating the bloody obvious :roll:
Alexia

When I saw the title I immediately thought of Tumble Tower.