Pizza Hut Rebrands

Square Eyes

We all love a rebrand here don't we, but this one seems totally pointless, apparently all in an attempt to encourage healthier eating. Pizza Hut is to be rebranded as Pasta Hut.

I mean does anyone actually go in one of these places for anything other than pizza ?
pastahut.jpg
iSon

This has surely got to be a publicity stunt? You wouldn't just dump a well established brand just because people can't work out what constitutes a "balanced diet" ?

EDIT I noticed it's advertised on their website along with a "Should we change our name?" vote - it's not going to be like Look North's new name all over again is it?
Good Lord!
all new Phil

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't pizzas pretty healthy? I mean, it's not like they're deep fried.

Apart from in Scotland of course.
lukey

Apparently it's a temporary stunt where they've rebranded a few stores for a few weeks to promote a new pasta menu. Joy.
Square Eyes

lukey wrote:Apparently it's a temporary stunt where they've rebranded a few stores for a few weeks to promote a new pasta menu. Joy.
Well it worked then, because here I am giving them the oxygen of publicity. Damn them.

Personally I'm put off by their establishments by people gathering and coughing over the salad bar.
Billy

The one pictured above is the one on Charing Cross Road, and was the only one I saw today that had been rebranded - the ones nearby in Leicester Square and Oxford Street were still proudly showing their Pizza names.

Wonder if we're going to see McDoughnuts and Baguette King next.
all new Phil

Onion Ring King has a nice, umm, ring to it.
rts

Oh for fuck's sake, what a completely pointless exercise. Pizza Hut is a fine brand, people are well aware of the other culinary delights they provide.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And more to the point, this might just course pointless confusion.

I have nothing against rebrands, but only when really necessary.
Alexia

The Sun and the Express are at least two papers that have fallen for it this morning - I thought it could be another one of those Wikipedia hoaxes at first.

Then I had to check the date, make sure it wasn't April 1st.
marksi

Richard Bacon tackled the head of Pizza Hut on this last night. He asked him why they were making the change.

"Because we're very proud of our pasta."

"Oh. So you're not very proud of your pizza then?"

I'm not convinced this isn't a publicity stunt. Oh and I can't eat pizza hut pizzas because there is so much salt in them they make me feel ill for hours afterwards.
Pete

Dominos is much nicer, Pizza Hut are incredibly greasy.

Having said that, a trick with both is to reheat them the next day, for then the box has soaked up all the grease overnight.

More importantly, I have £20 of Pizza Hut gift vouchers to spend after they gave me goats cheese and then claimed it was mozzarella. So even though they're greasy and a bit shit, I intend to use them in conjunction with some other offer, and well and truly stuff my face.

Then go back to dominos and their incredible BBQ sauce.
"He has to be larger than bacon"