Pizza Hut Rebrands

Pete

Turning it towards shop bought, Pizza Express I would say are the best pizzas you can buy in a shop. The sloppy giuseppe in particular is fab.

Another fab pizza is the stuffed crust pepperoni pile up by Chicago Town, its frozen but has a fresh dough base and you're not allowed to pre-heat the oven. Despite the slight faf of the timing, its amazing and moreish, although its best to share with at least one other person. I've never managed a whole one, always leaving one or two slices and the saltiness catches up with me :(
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Gavin Scott
Admin

I'm *super* impressed with these foods that take into account oven warm-up times, so you can bosh them into a cold oven and turn it on.

I've had a pizza or two like that, and something else too. I forget what.
Spencer For Hire

Hymagumba wrote:Turning it towards shop bought, Pizza Express I would say are the best pizzas you can buy in a shop.
But still disappointing if you're expecting them to be just like the ones they serve in the restaurants.
Nini
Banned

Don't expect that then, get your hopes up over nothing that way.
Pete

Spencer For Hire wrote:
Hymagumba wrote:Turning it towards shop bought, Pizza Express I would say are the best pizzas you can buy in a shop.
But still disappointing if you're expecting them to be just like the ones they serve in the restaurants.
I've never been to their restaurants, I presume they're good? We don't have them up here to my knowledge :(
Gavin Scott
Admin

Hymagumba wrote:
Spencer For Hire wrote:
I've never been to their restaurants, I presume they're good? We don't have them up here to my knowledge :(
There's one on the other side of the water of Leith to where I'm sitting right now.

I felt they were a bit pricey. They were smallish and served with cutlery, so it was a bit odd. Not the way I expect to eat a pizza.

That said, it was your actual "free lunch" for me, so I wasn't complaining.

I'll take you there sometime if you're through, Pete. Then we can write about it with authority.
Spencer For Hire

They're nice. I've always found their pizzas to be really good. The atmosphere's usually quite relaxed too - think wooden floors and nice lighting, with none of the cheap tackiness you'd associate with Pizza/Pasta Hut.

Probably not the place you'd go for an intimate, quiet meal, but for a relaxed, easy meal it usually hits the spot.

This may help if you want to locate one.
Pete

oh, there's one in st andrews. might pop there later in the week.
Spencer For Hire

Enjoy. I can thoroughly recommend the garlic doughballs to start.
Spencer For Hire

Oh yes, puddings. Their tiramisu is seriously good.
lukey

Hymagumba wrote:oh, there's one in st andrews. might pop there later in the week.
I do love Pizza Express - it's a shame the name undersells themselves.
I was so sure there used to be one in dearest Dunders, but everyone I've tried to verify this with has accused me of being a mental.