Adverts that irritate and entertain

Nini
Banned

Ah, still quite honestly my favourite Onion article to date.
marksi

It is a bloody silly place to put a razor blade (for those not keeping up, there are five blades on one side and one on the other), I hadn't realised this major flaw for those of us who have shaved heads.

So. It's more expensive and it cuts your ears. Excellent. Another reason not to buy one.

Now. Moonpig, anyone?
Nini
Banned

I suppose but it isn't really made for your shiny noggin, use a cut-throat like my father did.

Moonpig is annoying, very much so. My opinion in comparethemarket.com who up until recently had nicely understated ads which were classy and made a change from every other comparison site advertising to the lowest common denominator with tacky ads, even their sponsorship stings were classy. Now they have this awful "knees up Martha Brown" music and awful chant at the end totally taking away any respect I had for them.
Gavin Scott
Admin

marksi wrote:Now. Moonpig, anyone?
Why, when its called Moonpig, do they sing "Moo Pee".

Listen. They do.
marksi

Nini wrote:I suppose but it isn't really made for your shiny noggin
But the Mach 3 (that they're now telling me doesn't give me a comfortable shave) worked fine to shave my head with. So the new, improved version they're trying to sell me (for even more of my pounds) is less useful.
nidave

Gavin Scott wrote:
marksi wrote:Now. Moonpig, anyone?
Why, when its called Moonpig, do they sing "Moo Pee".

Listen. They do.
didn't moon pig do those shitty Flash websites for free to people from a rubbish template?
How the mighty have fallen - although Everyone at work uses #"Mooonpiggg.... MoonPiggggg dot ccommmmmm" as its very easy and you don't even have to go near a post box (same reason I use Hotel chocolate) - am sure they are making a load of cash.

Not really an Advert but more of a promo for Cartoon Network..
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlo3x0NMs5g
nwtv2003

The ones for Flora with Gloria Hunniford are doing my head in at the moment, people just bullshitting all the time, they're often on ITV3 so they're probably aiming for the older fellow.
steve
lukey

While most people seem to be irritated by the Moonpig ads because of the jingle, for me it's that moment near the end where the recipient points at the card in a "Wow Linda, it has my name on it!" fashion. Dick.
Nini
Banned

Your eye for the minutiae of bad acting is very good. Seeing as I haven't seen the ad in well over two months now, such dickish acting will have passed me by.
Netizen

nidave wrote:didn't moon pig do those shitty Flash websites for free to people from a rubbish template?
I think that was Moonfruit? But yes, their templates were an abomination of Flash overkill.

Call me simple, but I can't help but smile everytime the Cravendale 'Miiiiiilk!' ads come on. I'm sure there's a sitcom to be had out of a pirate, footballer and cow living together.
Nini
Banned

Hm, yes, I find those much like the series "A Town Called Panic" where the basic concept derives, to be a bit too leftfield to actually shoot straight.

Weirdy but not funny.