Adverts that irritate and entertain

Nick Harvey
God

Gavin Scott wrote:I'm afraid he lost me at "green army".
Indeed.

After an initial news item on Spotlight about how Argyle fans were quite pleased with the publicity, I understand that the majority were against and many more came round to that opinion after seeing the finished version.
Jovis

Incidentally, can you increase the size of the YouTube embedded videos, please? I think they are too small to show the full screen button which means I have to reload them on YouTube itself in order to do so. Either that or add in the appropriate embed code to make them have a full screen button. Thanks! :)
Pete

Jovis wrote:Either that or add in the appropriate embed code to make them have a full screen button. Thanks! :)
I chose the or and added in the fullscreen button. Never realised it didn't work tbh or I'd have done it sooner.

edit: ok its not working yet. probably need to alter something else too, will report back when its finished as I'm hungry and food trumps metro.

edit 2: have eaten. I am now happy and full of food.

edit 3: right that's it fixed, least it works in firefox, haven't checked it elsewhere yet.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Malpass93

My current advertising gripe is the Asda '10% cheaper' promotion. The way the group of friends, especially the main one, act just doesn't seem realistic in the slightest.
The New Malpass.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Am slightly in love with Alexander Armstrong in the claimsdirect ads.

In fact, very much so.
Pete

btw despite what I said to Jovis the other day about not making the videos bigger I changed my mind and made them bigger. It's using the new youtube iframe embed code rather than the old object code so if anyone starts having difficulties let me know via ye old PM.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Alexia

Confused.com now featuring Chain Reaction rather than Somebody to Love.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Does it also sound like auto-tuned Glee rubbish?
Alexia

Well....

Apparently the voice of Cara (the character) is Louise Dearman, of Wicked and Evita fame, so how much autotuning has gone into it, I'm not sure.

And without turning into a DailyMailite, can I point out how hideously PC the advert's cast of singers are? Black, white, fat, thin, male, female, disabled, even gingas, all carefully included by the animators. Seems almost forced.
marksi

Autoglass Gavin is back. This pleases me.
jsm

There are a few of these ads for the New York State Lottery. I haven't decided whether they're brilliant or awful.