Adverts that irritate and entertain

scottishtv

I'm just surprised that the question "Don't you have Infinity?" is given a serious answer rather than a "what the fuck is that?"

Therefore, given that the laptop girl *does* have an awareness of Infinity being a fibre optic broadband product from BT, it's then even more improbable that she would be completely unaware of the pricing of said product.
bilky asko

Gavin Scott wrote:

Not impressed with the attitude of the female with her questioning of her hosts broadband connection, nor the handsome one's, "it's not as expensive as you think" justification.

I'd be all, "Aye? Then fuck the fuck off". After I'd shagged him.

I have nothing further.
I cry every time I see this advert in Hull.
scottishtv

The co-operative's terrible fake John Hannah seems to have been dumped in favour of a bland, but well-spoken voiceover lady and and even blander "Here for you for life" strapline.

Good news - much easier for me to ignore, and no need to mute any longer.
scottishtv

Oh, by the way, the radio advert for Esso petrol really irritates me at the moment. It's the fuel that "works on a molecular level" ... "to help your engine's fuel economy wherever you are driving towards."

Arrrgh. Just sounds to unnatural and clunky.
bilky asko

Need I state the problem here?
Critique

What on Earth happened to Kerning?
Sput

I'm giving Aldi some credit for having a christmas advert featuring two snowmen with solemn piano music in the background.
Knight knight
Andrew

scottishtv wrote:The co-operative's terrible fake John Hannah seems to have been dumped in favour of a bland, but well-spoken voiceover lady and and even blander "Here for you for life" strapline.

Good news - much easier for me to ignore, and no need to mute any longer.
It's Katherine Kelly (Becky off of Corrie) who is now voicing the Co-operative Food adverts
scottishtv

Andrew wrote:It's Katherine Kelly (Becky off of Corrie) who is now voicing the Co-operative Food adverts
Well I'm happy about it, and also pleased to see Boots appear to have finally got rid of The Girls and the Sugababes music. That campaign was well past it's sell by date, and did truly irritate.
Square Eyes

Ketih Harris and Orville on the Farm Foods ads. :twisted:
Critique

The BlackBerry Z10 advert that keeps appearing on the YouTube homepage is an odd one. I did it the other day, after it suggested it would win against me. I beat it with 2.2 seconds to spare (with the 'real-time' giving the phone [which completes the text in the advert box] an extra second before my phone told me I could start), so it sort of went 'Oh, you won. BUT it took you 10 more keystrokes. But if this works for me and others, why should you try and 'improve' the experience - if I had the Z10 I would use less keystrokes but would slow down overall, so what's the point...?