Adverts that irritate and entertain

Gavin Scott
Admin

Netizen wrote:Call me simple, but I can't help but smile everytime the Cravendale 'Miiiiiilk!' ads come on. I'm sure there's a sitcom to be had out of a pirate, footballer and cow living together.
My favourite line is "Flakes!".

Great ads.
marksi

I just don't get those at all.
lukey

Nini wrote:Your eye for the minutiae of bad acting is very good. Seeing as I haven't seen the ad in well over two months now, such dickish acting will have passed me by.
Hmm, I have found the beast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEBy67ZUrxQ
I still growl at the absurd dickishness of it all at 0:24.
ashley b

lukey wrote:
Nini wrote:Your eye for the minutiae of bad acting is very good. Seeing as I haven't seen the ad in well over two months now, such dickish acting will have passed me by.
Hmm, I have found the beast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEBy67ZUrxQ
I still growl at the absurd dickishness of it all at 0:24.
Ahh, but Moonpig have a new advert where the characters on the cards come alive. I think they've even re-recorded the jingle!
*whistle*
Nini
Banned

Oh, great(!) Must be able to improve on every second of dickish acting in the whole ad I imagine but then this is an outfit with a logo knocked out by some work experience kid in Illustrator.
marksi

LV adverts with that "dum diddy dee" soundtrack make me feel physically ill.
Gavin Scott
Admin

marksi wrote:LV adverts with that "dum diddy dee" soundtrack make me feel physically ill.
Oh yes I was cursing that only last night. Its the "dwee dwee" bit that gives me the dry boake.

ITV2's daytime sponsorship has some fucking annoying rasta voiced parrot selling Lilt. Makes me not enjoy watching Judge Judy.
Netizen

Not only that, the visuals in the LV ads are so meaningless and generic (not incl the car bits), it could be an ad for absolutely anything. Utterly overblown for a boring old insurance product.
Ant

Netizen wrote:Not only that, the visuals in the LV ads are so meaningless and generic (not incl the car bits), it could be an ad for absolutely anything. Utterly overblown for a boring old insurance product.
Doesn't Cilla Black do a more "serious" ad for the 50+ plan? That's getting on my tits now too. AND the logo looks like LVE (LV.com). Irritating.

That Lynx advert with the guy who can roll his eyes backwards is utterly... creepy too.
marksi

I see Esther is now doing an ad (which looks like a talk show) for some ambulance chasing solicitors. Exactly the kind of thing she'd have campaigned against on That's Life.
lukey

marksi wrote:I see Esther is now doing an ad (which looks like a talk show) for some ambulance chasing solicitors. Exactly the kind of thing she'd have campaigned against on That's Life.
Hmm, is that the one with a disproportionate number of people with interesting teeth?