Adverts that irritate and entertain

Jamesypoo

I don't know if it's still on, but I adore Sir Trev's little jig in the Mighty Mississippi trailer.
Sput

What's the deal with this smarterliving2012.co.uk advert? It's really shoddy AND gives some of the most obvious ideas for saving money I've ever heard: Cancel your gym membership and start making your own sandwiches *cue animation of pounds going into a slot*

Googling it, it seems to be some kind of "initiative" by Zurich, but you have to wonder how out of touch they must be if they think this is news to us
Knight knight
Philip

Anybody else think that EON advert with the weird black and gold dancers is just the worst thing?

In the words of AVGN, "what were they THINKING?"

Edit: EDF, even. Well, that ad worked didn't it!
Gavin Scott
Admin

Yay for the Febreze advert with the Azerbaijani Wrestling Team.

Its just like some wonderful perfect gift.
TG

Sold. How many bottles must I buy to get one?
Gavin Scott
Admin

Is it Comet who have that new ad that spoofs a gameshow?

The guy in it is amazingly annoying. He is grinning like a maniac. Not beleivable at all.
Andrew Wood

I've just seen the new thetrainline.com ad with the panicking passengers - far better than Black Lace.
Alexia

Andrew Wood wrote:I've just seen the new thetrainline.com ad with the panicking passengers - far better than Black Lace.
Shame that they don't mention their £3.50 credit card booking fee, or their flat rate £1 booking fee either.

Neither of which you pay with TOCs' own websites.
bilky asko

Alexia wrote:
Andrew Wood wrote:I've just seen the new thetrainline.com ad with the panicking passengers - far better than Black Lace.
Shame that they don't mention their £3.50 credit card booking fee, or their flat rate £1 booking fee either.

Nor with Red Spotted Hanky, who offer loyalty points as well.
cdd

Alexia wrote:

Pro of booking with individual TOCs: save a fortune in booking fees / rip off "SMS your ticket" fees

Con of booking with individual TOCs: receive 25 different varieties of spam/newsletter/special offers in your email inbox every week :)

OOI, when you book with NationalRail.co.uk, does that always book through the TOCs? Is that "as good" as finding out who runs a specified route and booking on their own site?
Alexia

NR should be impartial... but don't forget, booking end-end online or even with a TVM may not get you the best deal.

Example - Ludlow-London could be £180, whereas Ludlow-Crewe and Crewe-London could be £130.

And, strangely, two singles could be cheaper than a return depending on when you travel.