Adverts that irritate and entertain

Sput

James H wrote:The gocompare adverts. Take your pick - the one with the CGI cheerleaders, or the one with that awful woman who says she wants to get to Barcelona "as soon as possible".
Those cheerleaders genuinely scare me. It's something about their brows. I hate the one with the woman and her Mute-Ben-Foldsy-Dweebish boyfriend. It could be the same one, not sure. I read too much into those characters but I bet he's so whipped and she's a lazy bitch.
Knight knight
Nini
Banned

Bit too deep there Sput.
Jenny

James H wrote:The gocompare adverts. Take your pick - the one with the CGI cheerleaders, or the one with that awful woman who says she wants to get to Barcelona "as soon as possible".
And they're clearly not even effective adverts, since they're not actually for GoCompare at all, but for one of its rivals.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Jenny wrote:
And they're clearly not even effective adverts, since they're not actually for GoCompare at all, but for one of its rivals.
Yes that one is moneysupermarket (beep beep) dot com.
Pete

daddys found ya scootah was banned for "making light of serious financial transactions". hehe
"He has to be larger than bacon"
James H

Hymagumba wrote:daddys found ya scootah was banned for "making light of serious financial transactions". hehe
Not for "making shite of serious geordie accents"?
James H

Jenny wrote:
Well there are so many of the bloody companies it's impossible to tell the difference.

Why not have a comparison site for comparison site? "We've compared thousands of comparison sites to give you the best" etc etc.
Ant

I know this is asked quite often by EVERYONE (maybe it's just my sad social group), but no-one ever seems to have the answer... are there any moments in time there isn't a DFS sale going on?

And that damn Halifax advert with Thomas from Leeds has got so amazingly awful. Get rid please.

Oh, and the iPod adverts entertain me. The one with The Fratellis is superb.
Sput

Ant wrote:I know this is asked quite often by EVERYONE (maybe it's just my sad social group), but no-one ever seems to have the answer... are there any moments in time there isn't a DFS sale going on?
I decided to check this out. The last sale they did was extended by about a month to about last Sunday. On Monday, the sale DID end but was replaced by a "save up to £300" OFFER that was identical.
Knight knight
nidave

Ant wrote:I know this is asked quite often by EVERYONE (maybe it's just my sad social group), but no-one ever seems to have the answer... are there any moments in time there isn't a DFS sale going on?

And that damn Halifax advert with Thomas from Leeds has got so amazingly awful. Get rid please.

Oh, and the iPod adverts entertain me. The one with The Fratellis is superb.

They did an advert recently saying g they had only 2 sales a year...
From Wikipedia:
In July 2007 the company started a TV and print campaign where they gently ribbed their own reputation for never-ending sales, stating that they actually only have 2 sales a year, though they both last for 6 months each.
Sput

OH MY GOD the new Calgon advert is HORRIBLE. I actually found myself shouting "WHAT DID YOU EXPECT YOU MISERABLE BITCH?" at the TV when that woman started ranting about her washing machine being broken and so she couldn't wash any clothes.
Knight knight