Adverts that irritate and entertain

scottishtv

Philip wrote: Thu 02 Mar, 2023 21.36Nationwide are back with another terrible advert.
The last two BoE base interest rate rises have come and gone and Nationwide have increased variable mortgage rates each time, but are still pretending they're "working out what this means" for their savers - and have accordingly let their savings rates stagnate.

This 5% cashback on your supermarket shopping is welcome, but capped at £10 per month (£200 spend). It's not that great at all really.
JAS84

When playing a mobile game, I sometimes get an advert for another app... which turns out to be incompatible with my device (just had that happen with a new Doctor Who game, I'd install it if I could, but I can't). Why advertise it to me if it's impossible for me to install the app they're advertising?
WillPS

JAS84 wrote: Mon 13 Mar, 2023 20.10 When playing a mobile game, I sometimes get an advert for another app... which turns out to be incompatible with my device (just had that happen with a new Doctor Who game, I'd install it if I could, but I can't). Why advertise it to me if it's impossible for me to install the app they're advertising?
Impossible to target in that way or poor targeting.
JAS84

Anyone seen the Fosters ad on TV recently? Didn't it originally have a guy tell his brother in law the drink was an obscure tipple called Voodoo Jazzhands? They seem to have censored it, as now he says Voodoo Jazzha- and gets cut off.
Alexia

Voodoo Jazzhat, wasn't it?
Sput

I feel like everybody's going in *hard* on Christmas moreso than usual, even break bumpers for persil.

But to the point, urgh @ that nauseating amazon advert with the old ladies
Knight knight
bilky asko

They didn't have the guts to have them order doughnut cushions, that's the real failure
Philip

Looking forward to the lawsuit between Kinder “Pingui” and Penguin bars.
Philip

There's an interesting Postcode Lottery campaign on at the moment which is in partnership with ITV, C4 and Sky and starring not only famous faces from those channels but in some instances using the official graphics (Sky Sports News) and sets (Rachel Riley on Countdown).

Their YouTube channel only features versions of the advert for the individual channels, but I definitely saw a version which featured bits from all three and the logos of all three at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/@PostcodeLottery/videos
thegeek

I've seen both the Channel 4-only version and the version with all three networks (but also on Channel 4).

Is there an STV version for Scotland?
Alexia

Slightly offtopic and should probably go on a TV Forum of some kind if there was one around but...

...one of those old advert compilations has gone up on YouTube -- apparently BBC2 / Lambie Nairn let Pizza Hut use not one, not two but three of their ident concepts to flog, to quote Spike from Buffy, "melted cheese on bread" ?

(starts at 1:12)