Adverts that irritate and entertain

Gavin Scott
Admin

Ant wrote:That Lynx advert with the guy who can roll his eyes backwards is utterly... creepy too.
Oh yes I can't believe I hadn't thought of that one. That guy is an ugly bastard with weird eyes and stinkin' sweaty pits.

Not really selling the product to me.
Sput

This advert I hate with the intensity of a thousand suns.

Blackberry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh5lKKdxXoA

This ran on british tv for a while a few months back and the sheer smugness of the people at the end makes me want to smash my tv with an axe, grind the debris down into a fine toxic powder and fire it out of a cannon at innocent passers by.
Knight knight
lukey

Yes, I never understood that advert when it first ran. Shows a worrying lack of understanding about who has a Blackberry, and it aims for a market they'll never get. And those generic smug tits at the end reminded me of this.
Sput

lukey wrote:Yes, I never understood that advert when it first ran. Shows a worrying lack of understanding about who has a Blackberry, and it aims for a market they'll never get. And those generic smug tits at the end reminded me of this.
YAY at the truth in that. I think that Blackberry advert was *so* far wide of the mark for the UK, it's identical to the US version that is now harassing me in between Colbert report segments (damn them, they find the most annoying adverts to put on that site).
Knight knight
Lorns

Every Tampon and panty pad advert. Like a tampon can make a woman feel better during that time of the month. Only two days on the sick, a hot bubbly bath, weepie movie, box of milk tray and an ibuprofen hits the spot.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Sput

I think you're trying to weird us out with this talk of periods and dracula's tea bags, lorns! Well it won't work!
Knight knight
Sput

nodnirG kraM wrote:
Lorns wrote:Every Tampon and panty pad advert. Like a tampon can make a woman feel better during that time of the month. Only two days on the sick, a hot bubbly bath, weepie movie, box of milk tray and an ibuprofen hits the spot.
So you aren't swayed by the new "have a happy period" or whatever it is tagline then?
It's not just a slogan, it's backed up with the genuine hope of every man on earth.
Knight knight
Nini
Banned

Happy period? NOBODY is allowed a happy period!
Lorns

Sput wrote:
nodnirG kraM wrote:
Lorns wrote:Every Tampon and panty pad advert. Like a tampon can make a woman feel better during that time of the month. Only two days on the sick, a hot bubbly bath, weepie movie, box of milk tray and an ibuprofen hits the spot.
So you aren't swayed by the new "have a happy period" or whatever it is tagline then?
It's not just a slogan, it's backed up with the genuine hope of every man on earth.

It can't have been a woman who dreamt up that slogan. No woman advertising exec could be deluded enough to think that women would fall for that one.

Senokot and Tena lady are the others. Do men not suffer constipation/ diarohea and incontinence then. Maybe One day there will be pads for Y- fronts for those embarrassing skid marks and leaks.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Nini
Banned

Lorns wrote:It can't have been a woman who dreamt up that slogan. No woman advertising exec could be deluded enough to think that women would fall for that one.
Was going to mention that but it seemed slightly clichéd to say it (not that it isn't true, usually is.)
Lorns wrote:Senokot and Tena lady are the others. Do men not suffer constipation/ diarohea and incontinence then. Maybe One day there will be pads for Y- fronts for those embarrassing skid marks and leaks.
There are incontinence pads for men I believe but you can imagine how emasculating it must be to have some man panty liners so why advertise it? I guess we female folk like to be reminded how we specifically suffer from embarrassing digestive tract related issues like no man does but a man cannot.... going to stop now, might have to burn a bra in a feminist protest against incredibly irritating ads.

To the gents here, this will not turn into a men vs. women thing, there's only two of us here besides.
Lorns

Nini wrote:
To the gents here, this will not turn into a men vs. women thing.
Agreed! I should have made that clear myself.