Adverts that irritate and entertain

Chie

I saw another public information film yesterday about safety in the home.

A man is doing paper work at the dining table and there's a hot cup of coffee near the edge. A toddler wanders towards it. The voiceover says, "If he knocks it over... it'll be two months of skin grafts!" but she says it in such a way that you expect her to follow it up with, "and what an inconvenience that would be!" :roll:
Sput

Well it WOULD. Think of all the time off work it'd take to get that sorted out if anyone had a job any more.
Knight knight
James H

Some adverts I like/are pissing me off at the moment:

Bad
confused.com
RED Driving School
ASDA
Anything with Julie Walters doing a voiceover (what does "for the journey" mean anyway???)
Tesco (Fay Ripley set)
T-mobile music adverts
CSL sofas (eh?!)

Good
Er...
James H

And the Oats 'n' More advert's shit too. And Halifax. And the "must take advice from less twattish friend who doesn't talk to herself about yoghurt".
Netizen

It's so brief I'm never sure if I've imagined it, but are CSL sofas trying to invoke the memory of Bjork's lesbian robots in the endcap of the latest ad? Only, being more edgy cos they look like boy robots like Sonny.
scottishtv

Not so much the advert itself, but the whole product positioning:

Oasis: For people that don't like water.
On the Oasis Summer Fruits ingredients label, the Coca Cola Company wrote:Water, sugar, fruit juices from concentrates 5% (apple, strawberry, redcurrant, cherry), citric acid, flavourings, stabiliser (E452), preservatives (E202, E211), colours (caramel E150d, E122), sweeteners (acesulfame K, aspartame, sodium saccharin). Contains a source of phenylalanine.
Jake

scottishtv wrote:Not so much the advert itself, but the whole product positioning:

Oasis: For people that don't like water.
On the Oasis Summer Fruits ingredients label, the Coca Cola Company wrote:Water, sugar, fruit juices from concentrates 5% (apple, strawberry, redcurrant, cherry), citric acid, flavourings, stabiliser (E452), preservatives (E202, E211), colours (caramel E150d, E122), sweeteners (acesulfame K, aspartame, sodium saccharin). Contains a source of phenylalanine.
Well of course it's got water in it, but the other stuff makes it taste different. What's difficult to understand?
Gavin Scott
Admin

The confused.com sponsorships of ITV2 daytime (read: Judge Judy) is driving me insane.

That wanker with the long hair who gives it, "do you like bread... what were you doing 7 years ago..." - just watch his eyes. He keeps checking himself out in the monitor (presumably) to make sure he's as cool and funny as he thinks he is.

And the 8 year old doing beatboxing (or whatever they call it) into his microphone before having an epileptic fit - I mean, is he even allowed to enter into a contract of insurance? WHY is he there?

If I have to watch people gushing about an online price comparison site, I'd prefer to see older people, for whom an "easy" site makes a big difference.

And ideally, one who can pronounce "excess" (the emphasis is on the first syllable you fanny).

fin.
scottishtv

Jake wrote:What's difficult to understand?
I don't remember saying I have a problem understanding it. I understand the concept perfectly, but it irritates me that a drink which is pretty much just water with a bit of cordial in it is marketed as being miles away from what it's actually 95% made of.

I also think I'm just irritated in general that anyone would identify themselves as not liking water. It's pretty non-offensive. Fair enough, if you live in an area where water is a bit minging then I'll allow some leeway, but I just don't care for the positioning of the product. Clearly, it works for the Coca Cola Company though.
Sput

Every channel 4 break bumper when there's comedy on.

Fuck you you smug little permed fucking cunt. I know you're meant to be not funny but it doesn't make it brilliantly fucking ironic it just makes you the focal point of my rage and deservedly so after all what sort of tawdry shit would whore himself out for so many spots and what unbelievable twatflap decided they should only rotate about 4 of them in any given evening, regardless of the number of breaks?

*Relaxes*

I might have mentioned this before, actually.
Knight knight
Ronnie Rowlands

Don't you mean science?
Ronnie is victorious, vivacious in victory like a venomous dog. Vile Republicans cease living while the religious retort with rueful rhetoric. These rank thugs resort to violence and swear revenge.

But Ronnie can punch through steel so they lose anyway.