Adverts that irritate and entertain

Chie

Lorns

i like this one, not as freaky as the rollerskating version.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Gavin Scott
Admin

Birds Eye Rice Fusions. The one with the two chef (one of whom is being replaced by the stuffed bear who lives in a freezer).

The entire ad has been looped/dubbed/ADR'd - clearly with the same actors, except it sounds like they're leaning into the mic and whispering.

Its completely wrong to the ear - there's no way they should sound as they do, and its very offputting.

Urgh.

EDIT: Here it is with a nice VT clock at the top of it.

Chie

Bring back Captain Bird's Eye. He made you want to eat a whole plate of fish fingers dipped in tomato ketchup.

I can't say the grey drabfest starring a stuffed polar bear makes me want to eat a bowl of spicy rice.

Actually, I think this could be a classic case of focus group carnage. 'Haha, yeah, make some ads with a witty bear, that would be hilarious, and like, really zeitgeisty!?' Hmm yes, but will it sell the product?
Gavin Scott
Admin

Scrutinising the ad (as I just have), the main thrust is that microwavable ingredients/sides are good enough to please chefs.

And I must say, I've reached that conclusion in the last few months. I'm a little addicted to baby sprouts microwaved in their wee bag for 4 mins, popped in a bowl with a teeny bit of butter and some salt and pepper. Ditto julienne carrots and tender sprouting broccoli. Seriously delicious in seconds.

Maybe they should dispense with the puppet and focus on the selling point.
Sput

I prefer the bear to the sea captain. The sea captain is creepy. The bear is at least to do with freezers.
Knight knight
Ebeneezer Scrooge

You have a bear in your freezer?
Snarky
Sput

Yes, but don't tell the RSPCA.

They love polar bear meat.
Knight knight
Lorns

Sput wrote: The bear is at least to do with freezers.
Really? I always associate Polar bears with Fox's Glacier mints.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Sput

Probably because you're in a different demographic :P
Knight knight
Malpass93

I love the accent of the Welshman in the People's Postcode Lottery advert. True Welshman wearing a red rugby top.
The New Malpass.