The "omg, they actually make that" thread

Pete

Isn't having three cups of hot tea in front of you ready to be downed in quick sucession just the best thing in the world?

Anyhow, I digress, and get onto the subject of things you've come across in the supermarket and just totally gasped - popstars style - at the fact they exist.

Yesterday, it was the discovery of multicolour staples in Tesco. I can actually stapled something with a green staple. How fab is that?

Today it was Weetbix bitesize. Weetabix in small cereal form. This is fab as I love weetabix but due to my refusal to put more than one in a bowl at a time its always hindered by morning plans of having cereal, and tea, with DS9 on demand. Now, I feel this may be about to change.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Gluben

J2Os being sold in plastic bottles. I'm sure they've been doing it for ages, but it's genius.
rts

Hymagumba wrote:...I love weetabix but due to my refusal to put more than one in a bowl at a time its always hindered by morning plans of having cereal...
My OCD is to stack three neatly, at a slight angle lying on eachother, in a deep bowl, with a mild sprinkling of sugar. Repeat once. Avec coffee. Breakfast Rod style.

No doubt I shall be doing this in a few hours time.

Give it a whirl Pete...
marksi

It is outrageous that you people are eating Weetabix in summer. EVERYONE knows that Weetabix can ONLY be eaten with hot milk and sugar and is therefore a winter only cereal.
Pete

rts wrote:My OCD is to stack three neatly, at a slight angle lying on eachother, in a deep bowl, with a mild sprinkling of sugar. Repeat once. Avec coffee. Breakfast Rod style.

No doubt I shall be doing this in a few hours time.

Give it a whirl Pete...
no no no no no. The weetabix must be uniformly soggy. I will not have dry weetabix in my bowl and therefore must do one at a time so its flat against the bottom and can soak up milk from underneath. Only the slightest pinch of sugar these days if I do. Back when i was little I'd coat each one in about 2mm of sugar but no longer.

To go by your plan would result in crunchy tops, particularly with my crockery, so its a non starter I'm afraid :(
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Jovis

I like a mixture of wet and dry Hyma - in fact, I can't stand completely wet Weetabix. To be fair, I can't stand completely dry Weetabix either.
Aidy

Plastic Ice Cubes! Genius
Jamez
Banned

You know I'd probably put that in my washing machine and then come back three hours later and wonder why my clothes still smell of pong.
User Removed
rdobbie

Aidsoo wrote:Plastic Ice Cubes! Genius
What's the advantage of them? That they can be reused, thus avoiding the wastage of approx. 30 millilitres of notoriously expensive tap water?

You'd probably need to use them thousands of times before you broke even.
rts

Aidsoo wrote:Image

Plastic Ice Cubes! Genius
I think someone's pulling your leg with a cunningly placed fake label.

They are in fact urinal blocks.
Gavin Scott
Admin

nodnirG kraM wrote:
rdobbie wrote: What's the advantage of them? That they can be reused, thus avoiding the wastage of approx. 30 millilitres of notoriously expensive tap water?

You'd probably need to use them thousands of times before you broke even.
They don't dilute your drink.
Indeed. They're not new though. I've had them in my freezer for years.
The Weetabix debate is an interesting one. I have to have mine in the uniform soggy state, but that's mainly so I can consume my breakfast in under twenty seconds. My other half, however, crumbles hers up into basically a wheat powder before adding the milk and a few hundred weight of sugar. Which looks foul, but she enjoys it!
I like a mixture of soggy/crispy, topped with a good sprinkle of sugar. There's no point in having complex carbs for breakfast if you don't replenish your simple sugars.

Otherwise you'd be zombie with a full stomach.

Or maybe that's just me.