The "omg, they actually make that" thread

Pete

i mean really, dredging up a topic this old isn't on, but I'm sure I can find some sort of loophole that lets me do it. ah, this'll do

I would like to point out that Weetabix Bitesize are shit. They're just terrible, they taste neither of weetabix nor of generic wheat bisks. They are coated in some foul laminating material that makes them taste even worse.

I'm currently attempting to trudge my way through the extremely heavy Oatabix. I would like to solicit views on this variant.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
iSon

First of all...

Secondly, I like Oatabix - they taste nice. But I can only have them a few times before I become extremely bored with them and then don't touch them for ages. You just cannot go wrong with something classic like Corn Flakes, Rice Crispies or even, if I may be so bold, Sugar Puffs.
Good Lord!
rts

Is that the same actress just wearing two different wigs?
Sput

I THINK I'm right in saying the one on the left is actually Hyma.
Knight knight
Nini
Banned

Crap, I'm missing my Crossroads based content! Anyway for me there's a good reason why Oatibix didn't exist until recently and heavy is the keyword here. Also, never ever touch All Bran Crunchy Oatbakes as they're just very odd and really do not go soggy... ever.
lukey

I always found Oatibix deeply redundant in the world of grass-based biscuitry. That is...if one is quite satisfied with their Weetabix, what exactly is the incentive to roll down the oaty trail of doom and sunshine?
marksi

Oatibix is a sneaky cereal. You give it enough milk to satisfy its thirst but then about a third of the way through eating it it suddenly manages to soak up all the remaining liquid in the bowl, thus turning it into a heavy gooey slop that you could use to render the side of your house. I think they did just that on an eco-friendly Grand Designs a few weeks ago.

I've been mostly eating Oat So Simple this winter. The golden syrup variety. And if I'm feeling decadent I will add a little real golden syrup to it.
Gavin Scott
Admin

marksi wrote:Oatibix is a sneaky cereal. You give it enough milk to satisfy its thirst but then about a third of the way through eating it it suddenly manages to soak up all the remaining liquid in the bowl, thus turning it into a heavy gooey slop that you could use to render the side of your house. I think they did just that on an eco-friendly Grand Designs a few weeks ago.

I've been mostly eating Oat So Simple this winter. The golden syrup variety. And if I'm feeling decadent I will add a little real golden syrup to it.
I love Weetabix, but it makes me feel terrible bloated. I was thinking about trying Oatibix, but on reading the above I don't think I'll bother.
TG

I wouldn't, no.

Doesn't matter how much milk you then add to the damn stuff, it invariably seems to turn into wallpaper paste/render/whatever else you wish to use it as in general DIY...
Spencer For Hire

Whilst on holiday in Prague recently, the hotel had chocolate muesli on the breakfast selection, which struck me as a rather pointless cereal.

Surely the main reason to eat muesli is that it's healthy; add chocolate to it and you kind of remove its purpose in life. And if you don't mind about not having a healthy breakfast and all you want is a taste hit, surely you're going to go for something easier to eat.

Not sure if this is available in the UK - certainly never seen it.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Spencer For Hire wrote:Whilst on holiday in Prague recently, the hotel had chocolate muesli on the breakfast selection, which struck me as a rather pointless cereal.

Surely the main reason to eat muesli is that it's healthy; add chocolate to it and you kind of remove its purpose in life. And if you don't mind about not having a healthy breakfast and all you want is a taste hit, surely you're going to go for something easier to eat.

Not sure if this is available in the UK - certainly never seen it.
Muesli, especially branded stuff like Alpen, is actually quite high on the old sugar and sodium scale.

Its healthy insofar as its full of roughage and fruit - but calorifically speaking its not a diet product, by any means.

I do love a nosebag full of Alpen myself, though.