Baffling local news stories

scottishtv

cwathen

scottishtv wrote:
Check out the arms-folded photos on that other story though: Family eat Quality Street Christmas dinner after pub "ruined" festive day.
The thumbs down shot is what makes it for me.
cwathen

I particularly like how he describes it being 'near impossible' to travel from Plymouth to Bristol on one line before conceding 'Bristol is not far from here' on the next.
Alexia

I once did Truro to Wolverhampton and back in a weekend on the coaches. Dead simple and dead cheap.

Just ran the numbers. With a YP Coachcard, he can get tix from Ply-Bri for £10.50 each way (£21). Add in the cost of a cheap hotel in a Premier Inn or something and he's looking at a £50 excursion. Not too shabby.

He could even do it for £37 on the train with a 16-25 railcard and come back the same night.
Andrew

cwathen wrote:
scottishtv wrote:
Check out the arms-folded photos on that other story though: Family eat Quality Street Christmas dinner after pub "ruined" festive day.
The thumbs down shot is what makes it for me.
The terrible looking inner city flat roof pub is not exactly the sort of place I'd think of going for a Christmas lunch. At least you'd be able to watch The Queen on a massive TV a screen though!
cwathen

Fearing local rag readers will not be able to relate to world issues, The Cornishman helpfully has joined the dots by running a story on what would happen if North Korea dropped an H-Bomb on Penzance. Unfortunately rumours that the blast zone would reach the promenade are true, but every cloud has a silver lining as Jubilee Pool would escape.

http://www.cornishman.co.uk/happen-Nort ... story.html
Alexia

cwathen wrote:Fearing local rag readers will not be able to relate to world issues, The Cornishman helpfully has joined the dots by running a story on what would happen if North Korea dropped an H-Bomb on Penzance. Unfortunately rumours that the blast zone would reach the promenade are true, but every cloud has a silver lining as Jubilee Pool would escape.

http://www.cornishman.co.uk/happen-Nort ... story.html
The West Briton did the same, but with Truro.