Suit colours

Skytower

I've never knocked off the Joker in my life.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Coincidentally, I'm off to buy a suit today. I'll find out whether my fashion advice is good or a lot of tosh.

I want a waistcoat too.
Ronnie Rowlands

For any particular occasion?
Ronnie is victorious, vivacious in victory like a venomous dog. Vile Republicans cease living while the religious retort with rueful rhetoric. These rank thugs resort to violence and swear revenge.

But Ronnie can punch through steel so they lose anyway.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Ronnie Rowlands wrote:For any particular occasion?
Job interview on Monday. 2nd interview for the job, so I have a good feeling about it.

Didn't buy a suit but got a really nice waistcoat, shirts and some lovely silk ties. I'll got back for a suit provided I get the job. Maybe a couple. Slater Menswear in Edinburgh have some fab stuff, and its all very reasonably priced. I wasted a lot of time in Jenners and Harvey Nicks (no relation to our own Nick Harvey, I'm sure). Staff were all very nice but the actual clothes were all so casual they didn't fit the bill at all.

Can't beat a proper gentleman's outfitters.
Nick Harvey
God

Gavin Scott wrote:Can't beat a proper gentleman's outfitters.
Only because you enjoyed being measured properly!
Gavin Scott
Admin

Nick Harvey wrote:
Gavin Scott wrote:Can't beat a proper gentleman's outfitters.
Only because you enjoyed being measured properly!
True enough. I have a long inside leg, according to the chap. I was tempted to say, "You aint seen nothing yet..." but spotted his wedding ring and stopped myself.

Just tried on a Ben Sherman crisp white tailored fit shirt, pink tie (I've never had any clothes in pink and I love the subtle texture on the silk) and black waistcoat. I must admit it looks great. Just what I had in my minds eye before I went shopping. A rarity for me.

I'm *super* pleased.
Sput

I see this "tailored fit" thing around. It confuses me. Does it come with a tailor? If not, how is it tailored?
Knight knight
Gavin Scott
Admin

Sput wrote:I see this "tailored fit" thing around. It confuses me. Does it come with a tailor? If not, how is it tailored?
In men's clothing, certainly, it means darted (or "nipped") in around the waist.

I've got a 32" waist and a 46" chest, so if its not "tailored fit" then garments hang off my amply muscular chest.
Sput

So really it's not tailored, just called tailored as a fit style? That makes a lot more sense.
Knight knight
Gavin Scott
Admin

Sput wrote:So really it's not tailored, just called tailored as a fit style? That makes a lot more sense.
Yes I suppose that's a fair assessment. Slater Menswear offer a proper (free) tailoring service on clothes you purchase there, so I might have a suit jacket modified in a similar way.
Sput

One day I will get a tailored suit. I have quite achievable dreams (well, I would if I didn't pursue science and the paltry pay associated with it).
Knight knight