The Tesco & other non-Morrisons supermarket thread

Pete

Yes I thought this for the fab wine description SELs "bitter clown tears". It was a very accurate recreation. I presume they nabbed a price ticket first to get all the design right too.

Nice to see a parody with attention to detail for once. You'd think this sort of thing would use the ancient totally out of date value stripes
"He has to be larger than bacon"
JAS84

Critique wrote:Netto is coming back. The article says it is an attempt to take on Aldi and Lidl, with the first five stores opening up north by the end of the year. Quite surprised to see Sainsbury's doing this - I thought Morrisons were the ones who should be getting concerned about their state of affairs?

ASDA, of course, purchased all the old Nettos four or so years ago.
Clean logo. http://www.netto.co.uk/assets/css/img/netto.svg
IndigoTucker

Philip wrote:I wonder where they got the Tesco font from?
The corporate font is embedded in PDFs of press releases from Tesco. Easy enough to extract it :)
Alexia

And I think it may, just may, have been produced on an in-house computer?
IndigoTucker

A long shot. Stores don't really have access to word processing of a standard to fake a label.
Alexia

IndigoTucker wrote:A long shot. Stores don't really have access to word processing of a standard to fake a label.
We did at Sainsbury's. :P
Pete

You'd be surprised what you can achieve with PowerPoint
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Martin Phillp

Sainsbury's have upgraded the Self Checkout software on most of the terminals in one of my local stores today, which have a larger typeface for the 'Start' and Own Bag buttons.

The new Sainsbury's font is being used throughout.

The other main Sainsburys still has the old interface.
TVF's London Lite.
Alexia

Mix and match of old / new systems at Paddington Sainsburys.

Rather annoyingly, the old software didn't require you to press "CARD" when paying by card - you just slid it in the chip/pin device and it automatically went into card payment mode. Did it yesterday and the screen changed to a prompt "Press the CARD button" or similar. Can't see the TVL commuters being impressed with that...
WillPS

Alexia wrote:Mix and match of old / new systems at Paddington Sainsburys.

Rather annoyingly, the old software didn't require you to press "CARD" when paying by card - you just slid it in the chip/pin device and it automatically went into card payment mode. Did it yesterday and the screen changed to a prompt "Press the CARD button" or similar. Can't see the TVL commuters being impressed with that...
Are you sure you're not getting mixed up with Tesco?

AFAIK:
Tesco - goes straight to payment
ASDA - does nothing (voice might say "Please select card type")
Sainsburys - on screen prompt to 'press Card'
lukey

Morrisons - stalls for 10 seconds, asks to re-scan the last item, BSODs.