The Tesco & other non-Morrisons supermarket thread

all new Phil

Our nearest Sainsbury’s Local has just had something very similar sounding to that installed. 4 in addition to the 2 standard self service machines they already had. No scales and card only.
thegeek

Is it like the Waitrose ones?
Martin Phillp

I suspect they're like the Co-op Card only self-checkouts which also have no scales. Although there is a scale at the end of the row which customers can use to grab a price and barcode.
TVF's London Lite.
WillPS

Pete wrote: Thu 03 May, 2018 19.20
tillyoshea wrote: Thu 03 May, 2018 14.15 That's the new interface but with the old "PayQwiq" name instead of "TescoPay+" - I thought the rebrand pre-dated the new software, but clearly not.
No it does. They moved to Pay+ on the old software. They've probably forgot to update the Welsh translation.
That software appeared in Carlton (England) a few weeks before PayQwiq was rebranded.
WillPS

Tesco Direct is closing on July 9th: https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... sco-direct

Didn't see that coming. Leaves them rather isolated in not having at least the homewares and clothing online...
Andrew

WillPS wrote: Tue 22 May, 2018 16.10 Tesco Direct is closing on July 9th: https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... sco-direct

Didn't see that coming. Leaves them rather isolated in not having at least the homewares and clothing online...
It’s very carefully worded to suggest that it’s the separate business closing down, and that some products, like homewares will just move to Tesco.com

I assume this means the end to the Tesco Direct desks in stores.

I’ve only recently bought a printer from Tesco Direct which was competitively priced against Amazon, I assumed they were doing ok.
Martin Phillp

Andrew wrote: Tue 22 May, 2018 22.24
I assume this means the end to the Tesco Direct desks in stores.
On the FAQ page on Tesco Direct, the terminals have been removed, but the click and collect desks are still open where customers can still order from the website.

Next day delivery has already been axed for a 2-3 day delivery service instead.
TVF's London Lite.
thegeek

I used to use Direct loads when we had a Tesco at the end of the street - it was far more convenient to do click & collect than wait in for an Amazon delivery or go to the sorting office. Until they raised the threshold for free C&C - I don't think I used it once after that.
Pete

https://www.ncr.com/retail/food-drug-ma ... elfserv-90

this, btw, is the aforementioned never switched on any more till in the tesco express. does anyone else have these?

i say never switched on. it is on. all the time. but never usable. so wasting power.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
all new Phil

That’s what my nearest Sainsbury’s Local has.
Philip

Yep seen them in Tesco Express but wall mounted with a work surface/desk/the right term for it underneath. Never used them because they don't take cash and I've always been using cash when I've gone in there so far.