The Tesco & other non-Morrisons supermarket thread

bilky asko

Martin Phillp wrote: Sun 12 Jan, 2020 00.58 Considering I have the Nectar app, Sainsbury's are still dishing out paper vouchers in addition to the weekly ones on the app. A complete waste of paper as they're still not tightly targeted to my shop compared to the app.
I've not had any paper ones for a little while since getting the new app. The bonus points "scratchcard" on the app has shot my balance up recently though.

Did anyone look at the 2019 shop summary on the app? I'm apparently a 35% Chilled Sainsbury's shopper.
tch999

bilky asko wrote: Mon 13 Jan, 2020 11.11 Did anyone look at the 2019 shop summary on the app? I'm apparently a 35% Chilled Sainsbury's shopper.
Fantastic use of customer data there - my friends and family were having a good laugh at the stats it was throwing out.

Supposedly I'm a big buyer of red onions, natural yoghurt and broccoli. In fact, I was the number 1 buyer of red onions in my local store.
Martin Phillp

My stats included that I'm the number 1 buyer of Innocent Seriously Strawberry in my local store and I like to buy a lot of porridge and fruit bags.
TVF's London Lite.
Pete

Pete wrote: Sun 12 Jan, 2020 17.28 However I spent £115 and only got £9.20 off. Nothing appears to be on the exclusion list however the amount would appear to equal the two sale jumpers I bought. But both are F&F so should be on the deal.
So it turned out that the two jumpers should have appeared as a separate 10% off brands line at the end of the receipt but they've been having issues with scan as you shop not triggering the discounts properly. This took some significant forensics work between myself and the lad on customer services, not helped by Tesco's annoying simplistic receipts. "What's 'steam pot', is that food or a kitchen thing?"

Am already £12 up on the subscription tho, so my jumper was free.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
g67bbx

Subject to shareholder approval, Tesco proposes selling Thailand and Malaysia arm of the business to Thai based CP Group.
Statement issued this morning.
Martin Phillp

Hearing that some 24H Tesco stores are reducing hours to 5am-midnight to allow for industrial size shelving overnight during the Coronavirus crisis.
TVF's London Lite.
all new Phil

Martin Phillp wrote: Sat 14 Mar, 2020 00.15 Hearing that some 24H Tesco stores are reducing hours to 5am-midnight to allow for industrial size shelving overnight during the Coronavirus crisis.
I’m not sure I understand what you mean...
Ant158

https://flic.kr/p/2iHKWL8

Moving away from virus talk. I've noticed recently that M&S are starting to bring their signature dark green more prominently back into their branding/ marketing. Good to see as many brands these days seem to be removing colour.
Martin Phillp

Sainsbury's recently launched the replacement brands for Basics. House 247 is the new budget brand for household products. This follows Stamford St for some food products.
TVF's London Lite.
WillPS

Martin Phillp wrote: Sat 28 Mar, 2020 19.21 Sainsbury's recently launched the replacement brands for Basics. House 247 is the new budget brand for household products. This follows Stamford St for some food products.
This started years ago. I think the produce and fresh products were the first to change.
all new Phil

I bought a Be Good To Yourself ready meal the other day and I was surprised at the lack of any Sainsburys branding on it. Are the House 247 things the same?