The Tesco & other non-Morrisons supermarket thread

Mr Q

Nini wrote:I must have missed something.
I think the reference might be to the first four letters (ignored the asterisk)...
Nini
Banned

I figured as much and as such must tell steddenm that he's wrong in finding it funny.

It wasn't big nor was it clever.
Sput

I just realised how weird their naming gets. I bought penguins and they came up as F/Coated Bisc which is far less appealing.
Knight knight
Sput

I daren't ask, but it's not really chocolate.
Knight knight
marksi

Indeed, Penguins have a "chocolate flavoured coating" rather than chocolate.

I've just started reading a book called Tescopoly which I guess will encourage me to not shop at Tesco. It is just so bloody convenient to have them deliver everything I need to my kitchen for less money than it would cost me in petrol to drive there.

But I know it's wrong...
Sput

Don't look it up in a book: look it up in your gut. I did, and I'm fine with Tesco.
Knight knight
Gavin Scott
Admin

I used their home delivery a couple of times, but I didn't find waiting 24 hous to be convenient at all. I like the immediacy of a supermarket, and the inspiration seeing all the products laid out gives. If I could arrange a same day delivery I might consider using online, but my habit is to shop little and often.

Just not sure I can justify even a nominal delivery charge when I have a medium sized supermarket at the end of the street and two other massive ones within a 10 minute stroll.

For those who online shop - do you have a supermarket within walking distance?
Sput

To go off on a home-delivery tangent: is it expected that they'll deliver the oldest bread they possibly can? A friend of mine ordered some (it was the cheap muck) and it was right on the cusp of the use-by date and mouldy within a couple of days.
Knight knight
TG

Right...my field of expertise...

Basically, we are supposed to give you whatever's out on the shelf, as the idea is that it's all put out as soon after delivery as possible. Bread is a bit of a problem from my store here in Liverpool, because we're not a 24 hour store and are later on the list for deliveries each day. So, we begin picking at 6am, but the newest bread may not arrive til 8 or 9am, and the morning vans go out at 9.15. So, until then, we have to use the day-old stuff already on the shelves.

We certainly check for the latest dates - I'd have the buggers if they didn't - but we are not supposed to search in the back, as essentially a) we've no time to do so, and b) we then have exactly the choice of stuff you would if you came into the store. The customer couldn't go rooting, so unless something isn't out, neither can we.

Tangent it may be, but any questions? :D
Nini
Banned

Can we have a bread thread?
Jovis

nodnirG kraM wrote:What's the "F" for?
Fully?