The Tesco & other non-Morrisons supermarket thread

Pete

scottishtv wrote: Thu 06 Aug, 2020 20.28 Just realised these bags are now history, for which I am thankful.
They've also corrected the slogan on their new, classier green food bags (removing the 'any').
Oh they're much nicer, and the use of proper M&S green is a nice touch. The new sparks logo using the super retro & is really good too.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Pete

So big Tesco have replaced their self scan screens with the new ones. However the tills themselves are clearly still fastlane 5 models but have the glossy, thin bezel monitor from the v6 on them. I'd noticed the old LCDs were increasingly faded and worn out so presume NCR can't get hold of the older panels anymore so have just made the new ones work with the older machine.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
all new Phil

Went to little Tesco next to work the other day and they have a few of the small card-only self scan machines that Sainsburys have too.

I’ve noticed that some Tescos and Sainsburys run these without scales, whereas other have them with scales sat underneath. Which begs the question as to how they decide if scales are required and what they base it on - do they have some sort of ‘chance of theft’ matrix?
Critique

I've been meaning to ask about this for ages, but did this similarity occur to anyone else last month?

Martin Phillp

Waitrose is to merge their loyalty card scheme with John Lewis.

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/service-and ... eiXNnpGHSs
TVF's London Lite.
thegeek

Martin Phillp wrote: Mon 21 Sep, 2020 21.36 Waitrose is to merge their loyalty card scheme with John Lewis.

My John Lewis and My Waitrose both launched at around the same time, didn't they? It never made a lot of sense for them to be separate, and just gave the impression that the two parts of the business never actually talked to each other.

Anyway, I look forward to using my My John Lewis and Partners and Waitrose and Partners combined card at the John Lewis and Partners Foodhall from Waitrose and Partners.
m-in-m

Martin Phillp wrote: Mon 21 Sep, 2020 21.36 Waitrose is to merge their loyalty card scheme with John Lewis.

I was confused by this because I thought they'd already done it but clearly I was on the trial. Made so much more sense having a single card. Not actually sure what difference it made though in terms of rewards.
all new Phil

I don’t even know what my Waitrose card does. I scan it but I’ve never seen any evidence of points, offers, or anything 🤷‍♂️
Martin Phillp

all new Phil wrote: Fri 25 Sep, 2020 00.04 I don’t even know what my Waitrose card does. I scan it but I’ve never seen any evidence of points, offers, or anything 🤷‍♂️
I've had a free newspaper and coffee from using it.
TVF's London Lite.
m-in-m

Free (selected) newspaper when you spend over £10
Free coffee (presumably suspended at present)
Half price cake offers in cafe
Additional discounts on some lines
GeekyJames

Free Waitrose FOOD Magazine,
Fish Friday - 20% off fresh fish
Discounts on Dry Cleaning