bilky asko

We've got a party hat this year.
And, yes, only "CO" is lit up.
thegeek

new-ish look Sainsbury's, anyone?

WillPS

Tiled walls are back in then?
Philip Cobbold

Around counters and Bakery yes. Luckily the floor to ceiling wall tiles across the whole store hasn't made a comeback.
Alexia

WillPS wrote:Tiled walls are back in then?
In many cases they'd just have to remove the fake board wall.
james2001

I've got an old home video of my aunt's where she did a bit of filming in the Sainsbury's in Derby where you can see the old 80s style green & cream tiled walls everywhere!
Pete

Interesting to see a wooden floor rather than the classic polished tiles. I take it sainsburys realised their idea of having stone tiles in the produce aisle was ridiculous given how the trolleys clatter over them?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
thegeek

I should maybe add that this one is a Local, albeit apparently one that's over 3000 sq ft, because it's only open for 6 hours on a Sunday.
Cache

thegeek wrote:I should maybe add that this one is a Local, albeit apparently one that's over 3000 sq ft, because it's only open for 6 hours on a Sunday.
This is the new one in East Village, yes? It's very annoying that they've decided to make it just large enough to close at 5pm on Sundays.

It does have a very Morrisons-like "Build your own pizza" bar though, which looks good.
AJ

I went in to my local main Tesco store today here in Reading to find that the Bakery has seemingly been revamped and outsourced - replaced by "The Bakery Project."

Not my image... but here's what it looks like:

It looks and feels a much higher quality than before, with all of the cakes looking genuinely hand made, and lots of cheap-ish artisan style loaves of bread, along with the usual stuff too.

It all seems reasonably priced too - i.e. the prices haven't rocketed with the change.

Their website is here.
thegeek

Mattarz wrote:This is the new one in East Village, yes? It's very annoying that they've decided to make it just large enough to close at 5pm on Sundays.
Indeed it is. Especially annoying since the nearest non-Sunday-Trading-Act-afflicted store is probably a good 15-20 minutes hike.
AJ wrote:I went in to my local main Tesco store today here in Reading to find that the Bakery has seemingly been revamped and outsourced - replaced by "The Bakery Project."
It's been around for a wee while - I think the first was in Hackney:
http://www.metropol247.co.uk/forum/view ... 78#p118078