The Tesco & other non-Morrisons supermarket thread

woah

I work nearby the Abbeydale Road branch and I'm not sure it's quite as well as fitted out as some of the other branches looking at pictures - in fact it's far less impressive than I imagined full stop. The location's a bit rubbish (surrounding area is a dump and it's hard to see when driving past), the store is small and awkward to park at, and the staff seem to spent much of their time labelling up reduced fresh stock and piling it up into the corner of one of the chillers!

I like the idea and layout as a whole though, and I'd love to see then open a larger sized store in a better location in Sheffield, where it would probably do a lot better.
WillPS

woah wrote:I work nearby the Abbeydale Road branch and I'm not sure it's quite as well as fitted out as some of the other branches looking at pictures - in fact it's far less impressive than I imagined full stop. The location's a bit rubbish (surrounding area is a dump and it's hard to see when driving past), the store is small and awkward to park at, and the staff seem to spent much of their time labelling up reduced fresh stock and piling it up into the corner of one of the chillers!

I like the idea and layout as a whole though, and I'd love to see then open a larger sized store in a better location in Sheffield, where it would probably do a lot better.
Yes, it does seem rather lacking doesn't it. Only 2 small shelves of sandwiches last time I went, compared to a chiller full at the nearby Tesco Express and Sainsburys Local. Doesn't seem that business is booming when I've been in.
WillPS

New Clubcard logo:
james2001

I was in the Tesco in Lichfield earlier this week and I noticed something strange- they have those barriers that they but across aisles when they're closed, but they had the 1990-1995 Tesco logo on them. This is especially strange because it's a new Extra store that replaced the old store around 4 years ago, so this means that either Tesco are still making these things with an 18 years out of date logo on, or they cheaply re-used some fixtures and fittings from the old demolished store.
WillPS

james2001 wrote:I was in the Tesco in Lichfield earlier this week and I noticed something strange- they have those barriers that they but across aisles when they're closed, but they had the 1990-1995 Tesco logo on them. This is especially strange because it's a new Extra store that replaced the old store around 4 years ago, so this means that either Tesco are still making these things with an 18 years out of date logo on, or they cheaply re-used some fixtures and fittings from the old demolished store.
They're called 'tensabarriers' I think, and I'm pretty sure that's how they make still (or at least until recently).
Pete

I noticed my latest vouchers had a new design, more reminiscent of the new style Tesco interiors.

I noticed Tesco in Stirling appears to still have the mid-90s design with the chunky light blue car park signage. Didn't venture inside however. Very odd petrol station kiosk with two entrances and a till in the middle accessible from both sides.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Pete

The Europhium in the Tesco along the road from Earls Court (which is some sort of strange superstore sized thing) has a coffee shop where you can enjoy the rather fab sandwiches with nice coffee. Do any of them have two coffee shops? An H+H and an E?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
cdd

I have got to say I am not that keen on Euphorium. All their products look the part but seem textureless and taste utterly bland. Plus everything I buy leaves a see-through grease stain on the paper bag.

I've moved on to the excitements of the huge salad bar at my local one now. The fact you can half-fill with salads and then move on to olives in the same tub is a nice change from Sainsbury's and Waitrose who segregate the two and price them differently.

Also it's fun to watch the sushi counter abuse of people who ruthlessly stuff more than the prescribed six pieces of sushi into their pick'n'mix sushi box.
TG

WillPS wrote:New Clubcard logo:
Interesting. More in line with the current staff card.
gottago

Pete wrote:
SirKen wrote:Had a look around Kensington and indeed Tooley St recently, both remarkable stores (for Tesco).

http://www.groceryinsight.com/blog
Kensington High St is a lovely store. The two levels are quite odd for such a small branch (only seen it before in Liverpool One) but it does mean the top floor is amazing.
The second floor at Kensington only has seating for the cafe and access to the multi-story, there's nothing to be bought there unlike Liverpool.
WillPS

TG wrote:
WillPS wrote:New Clubcard logo:
Interesting. More in line with the current staff card.
What seems weird to me is that the Clubcard website has just been relaunched... yet retains the old logo.