Digital Spy Watch News and Information Board

james2001

The DS anti-licence fee brigade today steaming from their ears in fury over an obvious bullshit story in the Torygraph about the BBC using "internet detector vans". They really aren't the sharpest tools in the box, are they? But then I guess they just want to fuel their hate for the licence fee rather than sit and think whether there's any truth in the story, and if the newspaper in question has an agenda.
JAS84

Is it just me, or is the main DS site using far too many animated GIFs lately? :evil:
Martin Phillp

Good riddance if it downsizes. Hearst didn't have a clue what to do with the site and are now paying for it with the dross not just on their news pages, but on the forums.
TVF's London Lite.
james2001

DS forums is just a hotbed of licence fee bashing and far-right bigotry these days. Little will be lost.
Philip

If the forums close get ready for a hundred different splinter sites and forums to pop up and annoy you just as much.
rob

Philip wrote:If the forums close get ready for a hundred different splinter sites and forums to pop up and annoy you just as much.
Or get ready for everyone to go over to TVF.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
MetalGearRex

Martin Phillp wrote:Good riddance if it downsizes. Hearst didn't have a clue what to do with the site and are now paying for it with the dross not just on their news pages, but on the forums.
Hearst themselves have deviated from the roots of what Digital Spy was based on - media and broadcasting news - and replaced that with a painful focus on showbiz news, click bait shite, and a half baked attempt at competing with Buzzfeed. If they are really downsizing - either that redundancies could happen or aspects of the site get removed - such as the forums.
ChrisPBacon

Looks like the forums aren't closing after all: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/announce ... =253&a=397
Martin Phillp

Mentioned on TVF that DS is finally upgrading their forum software, alas with even more crap including smiles, photos and videos among the written nonsense.

What's more interesting is the ban amnesty they're offering. I've asked for my account to be reinstated, but I expect not to post on there if at all as it's not worth getting into an argument with the idiots.
TVF's London Lite.