Digital Spy Watch News and Information Board

Martin Phillp

The issue is that most people on DS and various social media can't even articulate criticism about Islam as they're too full of bigotry and ignorance to understand the complex issues around the religion.
TVF's London Lite.
james2001

And this morning's events in Belgium are just showing yet again how DS is a hotbed of racism and bigotry, and how the mods do nothing about it.

I'm sure if someone mentions the McCanns the mods will be on it though.

And the typical cries of "we're not racist because Islam isn't a race". Because that makes it OK then. And some of the comments on there right now are disgusting.

Digitalspy really is horribly toxic these days.
james2001

I've just seen a good example on DS of someone who clearly has multiple accounts.

Someone told me they've switched from Remain to Leave as a result of tonight's Farage interview. Just a shame that that same person's been posting strong pro-Brexit views for weeks, and only last night was ranting at me about immigrants and telling me to vote out- which hardly squares up with supposedly ony switching sides less than an hour before.

Obviously someone didn't check what account they were logged into when they posted. Either that or that think we have very short memories and don't know how to look through their posting history!

Edit: Oh, and now I'm getting attacks from some forum members. Obviously the people on Diabolik/Smeggy's who are trolling with multiple accounts obviously aren't happy one of them's been exposed. And they've never liked me, the attacks towards me coming from there go back 10 years (are they that sad to be caring about me for that long?)
JAS84

Report them! If they have multiple accounts they're surely breaking the rules.
james2001

I almost don't see the point now, as I said this has been going off for 10 years now (I did report another account that tried baiting me last night though). If these people have so litle to do with their lives they have to troll DS while slagging off forum members on their own special forums, then let them.

I've decided to stay out of the Eu Referendum debate on there now though, I can't be bothered with the sneering and abuse (much of which is incredibly personal).
james2001

So after today's awful events in Orlando, it's back to Muslim bashing central on DS. Do these people have anything else on their minds? Are they so bigoted that Muslim bashing is the first thing they think of- and it even comes above showing sympathy and compassion for the victims?

And of course it's only ever Muslims that do this. It's not like Christian fundies ever do these sorts of things. Like the Atlanta Olympic Park bombings 20 years ago (which I've been to the site of). No siree Bob!
james2001

Oh dear, Digitalspy jumping straight into the "evil Muslims" rhetoric over the attacks in Munich... now it's looking like the possibility it might actually be right-wing terrorism. Showing these people up for the bigots and racists that they are, jumping straight on the Islamaphobe bandwagon.
Alexia

And lefties will equally jump on the same bandwagon when its heading the other way.
Jason

Is it wrong for me to be concerned about the "Best Boobs on TV" thread in TV Shows UK?

There's something creepy about it.
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
Martin Phillp

Jason wrote:Is it wrong for me to be concerned about the "Best Boobs on TV" thread in TV Shows UK?

I think it's been mentioned on here before? The likes of DVDfever and stv viewer 'contribute' to the most inane thread on DS. Yet xenophobia, racism and libel are fine as long as you don't mention the poor moderation of the forum or the company that owns the site.
TVF's London Lite.
robschneider

Martin Phillp wrote:
Jason wrote:Is it wrong for me to be concerned about the "Best Boobs on TV" thread in TV Shows UK?

I think it's been mentioned on here before? The likes of DVDfever and stv viewer 'contribute' to the most inane thread on DS. Yet xenophobia, racism and libel are fine as long as you don't mention the poor moderation of the forum or the company that owns the site.
Depends on the forum. The X Factor forums mods can be really jumpy.