Digital Spy Watch News and Information Board

wells

Alexia wrote:For some reason their awards are suddenly newsworthy.

Could some people in the BBC News entertainment...erm....corner have their heads firmly up DS's arses?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7308450.stm
IRN were also covering this on national bulletins today.
lukey

i heart indiscriminate press release write-up days.
DVB Cornwall

I suspect that some lazy entertainment reporters looking for copy have Customised Google News favourited on their browsers, seeing as DS is a prime GN source for the UK then they're driven to obscurities on the site.

I doubt that DS have got around to issuing their own Press Releases yet.
Netizen

I'm on the bloody site every day and I didn't know these 'awards' existed either. I guess the BBC employs shit researchers/writers too. As for copy and pasting press releases, I particularly despise David Gibbon. If he's a games journalist, then I'm fucking Violet Berlin.
Jovis

Netizen wrote:I'm fucking Violet Berlin.
You kept that quiet!
Nini
Banned

Are we going to veer sharply off to discuss a YTV produced show about videogames broadcasted during the early 90's and also featuring Andy Crane?
Square Eyes

Nini wrote:Are we going to veer sharply off to discuss a YTV produced show about videogames broadcasted during the early 90's and also featuring Andy Crane?
No, this is strictly a dedicated Digital Spy News and Information Board.
Nini
Banned

Ah, news and information thread. Excellent combination there.
Netizen

Well ordinarily I'd love to, but I'd hope the same rules of topicality apply to this thread as much as they do in TVF Watch. My VCR was too shite to let me read the Databurst properly anyway :(
stu

Nini wrote:Are we going to veer sharply off to discuss a YTV produced show about videogames broadcasted during the early 90's and also featuring Andy Crane?

Oh yes can we? I have every episode on DVD and I still fancy Violet Berlin. Er, oh.

I've always hated digital spy. I only used it for Radio Ruderham's Sky frequencies thread but I soon noticed he was never ever going to post a freq that was ever worth viewing. It reminds me of uk.media.tv.misc sometimes with the bollocks posted on there.
Nini
Banned

stu wrote:Oh yes can we? I have every episode on DVD and I still fancy Violet Berlin. Er, oh.
And upon that bombshell (and that you're still using Usenet for actual message exchange instead of binary downloading) I cast thee out... to start your own thread.

Ugh, now Knightmare's stuck in there too, damn "thee". Have your 90's CITV (and CBBC if you must) nostalgia circlejerk elsewhere, here is really not the place. Bash DS for being the filthy spectre of TVF Future yes, anything else just isn't news and/or information.