Digital Spy Watch News and Information Board

Mich

Simon is on top form over at DS.

His prudish irrational hatred of sex shops has been highlighted in Are sex shop owners still having a hard time?.

Then in a thread he started himself (sourced from Ceefax [double source - Teletext]) on school kids not being allowed to leave the school at lunchtime (hardly revolutionary - many schools have done that for years); he's actually using Grange Hill storylines as an argument against it.
Obviously you did not watch Grange Hill when a lunchtime ban on leaving the school was attempted to stop fights at the local precinct.
They still got in and out and dodged the patrolling teacher on the gates.
Thread here.
Dr Lobster*

the thing about sex shops is until you've been in one, you don't actually realise how 'tame' they are.

i went to erotica last year and whilst it was great fun (got myself a nibbler), it wasn't as hardcore as i expected. i'm not sure what i expected, but a few fat grannies walking about half naked was like a normal day at the seaside.

anyway, i digress.

simon is a bit of an anachronism, but we do need people like him to keep us loony liberals on our toes.
Nini
Banned

Mich wrote:Simon is on top form over at DS.

<clipped for brevity>
Yeesh, give the man a early death for pity's sake. What is he, just into his 30's? I know he isn't as old as his caricatured personality seems to imply.
Jovis

Someone on DS, on Simon, wrote:What year are you living in, 1960?
You got it.
Nini
Banned

Well, more like 1970's but what's a few years between friends?
Stuart*
Banned

I'm amazed that people with Simon's views not only still exist, but are prepared to voice them in public, thereby opening themselves up to ridicule. However, I have no problem with anyone having an opinion, even if it is stuck in the past, as long as it doesn't affect other people.

The appearance of an adult shop in Barnstaple wouldn't corrupt the community. Is he worried that he might be tempted inside, or does he genuinely believe that the staff wait outside and drag people in (kicking and screaming, of course)?

I suspect someone has a secret yearning to purchase a gimp mask and associated paraphernalia! I couldn't possibly imagine who though.
User removed
Jamez
Banned

What's this? Simon dislikes the new sex shop I've opened in his town? Hmmpf!

He should come in and browse. I think he would be quite charmed by the wonders of the 'Fleshlight'. Maybe if that's a bit too risqué, there are a number of different sized cock-rings on offer. Some of them even have flashing LED's - just in case your little fella accidentally goes for the stink instead of the pink in the dark.
User Removed
Sput

Let's face facts, he's a man who has almost certainly given up on any possibility of sex at any stage in his life. Is it any wonder he fears it?
Knight knight
Nini
Banned

So nobody will answer my everlasting question of just how old he actually is?
Gavin Scott
Admin

Nini wrote:So nobody will answer my everlasting question of just how old he actually is?
He's 30 something. I think he's my age (36), but I'm not that fussed about the detail.

I just can't bear his victim mentality. He's posting less because of, "continuing unpleasantness".

Nothing to do with the fact that his points don't stand up to argument, then.
Sput

Perhaps he's like the anti-jaron: secretly really good looking and young.
Knight knight