Digital Spy Watch News and Information Board

Martin Phillp

The Ratings Thread on DS has some good information from those who actually post the BARB data, but then you have to dredge through the absolute BS from other members.

Again, like the general discussion threads, there's also a general sense of nastiness.
TVF's London Lite.
all new Phil

Yes - see also the opinion polls thread in the politics section.
Jason

I logged in this morning to find myself in the Digital Spy jail for three days.

Apparently the mods didn't like my euphemism in the Chloe Ayling thread and to their words it was 'Unconstructive and Tasteless'

I thought 'jail' was a little extreme for what I said in response to another posters innuendo (said posts have since been removed) I apologised and appealed the jail sentence but they just told me I'll remain in jail.

Others in that thread have said much worse about her and i bet they don't even get the same treatment.
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
Martin Phillp

Jason wrote: Thu 10 Aug, 2017 13.44 I logged in this morning to find myself in the Digital Spy jail for three days.

Apparently the mods didn't like my euphemism in the Chloe Ayling thread and to their words it was 'Unconstructive and Tasteless'

I thought 'jail' was a little extreme for what I said in response to another posters innuendo (said posts have since been removed) I apologised and appealed the jail sentence but they just told me I'll remain in jail.

Others in that thread have said much worse about her and i bet they don't even get the same treatment.
The mods certainly have their favourites. I was given a warning for apparently insulting another member, yet others have said much worse with no reprimands.

It's great that they're actually moderating, but when the forum is still a cesspool of bile and hate, it's not actually doing anything.
TVF's London Lite.
Martin Phillp

It's nice to be talked about on DS. One complained he got banned for a week.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... ood#latest
TVF's London Lite.
james2001

Martin Phillp wrote: Thu 10 Aug, 2017 16.06 The mods certainly have their favourites. I was given a warning for apparently insulting another member, yet others have said much worse with no reprimands.

It's great that they're actually moderating, but when the forum is still a cesspool of bile and hate, it's not actually doing anything.
I had similar a few weeks ago for standing up to a couple of users in a thread who had been baiting me for months. Of course neither of them got any sort of warning or punishment, even though it would be obvious to any decent moderator what's been happening (and one of them has been baiting other users for around a year).

And since then they've been reacting by giving every post I've made in that thread since "funny" reactions. Which just strikes me more as a reason to get rid of it.
Jason

I see DS favourite samthefootball has joined TV Forum. Luckily, TV Forum doesn't have an advice forum!
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
JAS84

Martin Phillp wrote: Sat 07 Oct, 2017 23.27 It's nice to be talked about on DS. One complained he got banned for a week.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... ood#latest
Permission Problem
You don't have permission to do that.
That's weird. The thread must've been moved to a moderator/staff only area.
Jason

Been reading the Broadcast section of the forums recently and noticed a user called LondonBite1 who’s posting style seems very similar to a certain Paul Akinbola.
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
james2001

I've barely looked in the broadcasting forum for years, it's basically just been a "bash the BBC and call for the licence fee to be scrapped" forum for years now.
Martin Phillp

Jason wrote: Sat 29 Dec, 2018 12.13 Been reading the Broadcast section of the forums recently and noticed a user called LondonBite1 who’s posting style seems very similar to a certain Paul Akinbola.
It appears Paul has had multiple accounts on DS (which is a typical DS trait) to post absolute nonsense, but on DS when others are spreading so much horse manure, it's barely noticeable.
TVF's London Lite.